Mobil Delvac Extreme 15w-40 5.7k mi; Ram EcoDiesel 83k

Several UOAs from the Ram EcoDiesel

Thanks in advance! 🤙

20210822_165435.jpg
20180608_083349.jpg
Resized_20210103_131329_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never done Wix or other Blackstone type reports so not really familiar with reading the metrics but do the time on unit/time on oil numbers add up for the last submission?

You live in California, how frigid does it really get there? Be kind to your engine, that Delvac Extreme full synthetic 15W-40 is great oil and gave you good results. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
Well, as you can see that is snow in the bottom pic. ❄

The other thing I noticed was a 12 quart sump listed. Man, that seems like a lot of oil to be dumping every 4-5k for a 3 liter engine.

The other thing I noticed was a 12 quart sump listed. Man, that seems like a lot of oil to be dumping every 4-5k for a 3 liter engine.
Yes, the OEM pan holds 10.5qts. The aftermarket AFE pan brings ot to an even 12qts. I agree, 5k OCI may be overkill but I do this for a hobby and for fun. I feel most comfortable with limiting the OCI to 5k.

His soot is ~ 1%, that seems high especially when you consider it's 12 qts and only 5K miles on the oil. This is also CARB diesel which burns pretty clean. I think the updated tune FCA gave the EcoD after the emissions recall isn't that great and it burns dirty. I'd change it early too.

OP can probably cut his soot production by 50-75% by using a diesel fuel additive like Redline catalyst or TDR-FL

His soot is ~ 1%, that seems high especially when you consider it's 12 qts and only 5K miles on the oil. This is also CARB diesel which burns pretty clean. I think the updated tune FCA gave the EcoD after the emissions recall isn't that great and it burns dirty. I'd change it early too.

OP can probably cut his soot production by 50-75% by using a diesel fuel additive like Redline catalyst or TDR-FL
I'm going to use Delo 600 ADF and see if that helps.

Yes. Just found out through the TDi forums that Stanadyne contains naphthalene and toluene. OF COURSE I did not read the label of Stanadyne. I'll stop using that additive.

I'm curious. Is the Delvac approved for this application. The oem warranty did not cover the DPF. The Mopar extended warranty did not cover the DPF. The extended warranty they gave us with the emissions settlement gave us 100K if I remember correctly. If the Delvac is not a low SAPS oil, will that affect your warranty?

Back