Mobil Delvac ATF, 154hrs, Allison MD3060, FL80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freightliner FL80 commercial chassis in fire engine service.

Allison World Class MD3060.

Mobil Delvac ATF, Allison filters.

154 hrs fluid, 1031 hrs unit.

Previous fill was the factory fill. Factory fluid/filters changed out at 877 hrs.

Reports by Polaris Labs.

This UOA--VOA

Fe--19-----0

Cr--0------0

Ni--0------0

Al--4------0

Cu--3------0

Pb--7------0

Sn--0------0

Si--4------0

Na--2------0

K---1------0

B---88-----141

Mg--1------0

Ca--25-----27

P---226----276

Z---7------0

H20 < .1%

Visc @100c 6.9---7.3

TAN--1.14--1.13

Ox--37

Ni--7

Is this ATF still in use?
What are the required change intervals? Sump size?

The UOA is excellent but one also must consider the fluid capacity and the better filtering capabilities these transmissions.

Fluid is still in service. 5 gal capacity. I forgot to mention it took 15 months to put these hrs on. .

Syn meeting TES 295 is allowed to be run for 4 years in this application max (without analysis). This unit would never come close to the mileage recommendation.

That's an outstanding report. Lots of life left in that oil. Nice touch on the VOA too.

Have been meaning to publicly say thanks for posting all this stuff from your work. It's really adding to the database by giving us snapshots of "real" vehicles in hard service, where the goal is to minimize maintenance costs and maximize vehicle life. Most of the UOAs we get are from fairly pampered vehicles with owners who are a bit on the pedantic side maintenance-wize. (no insult intended to anyone ( ; < )

My pleasure Jim! BITOG has given me much over the years. Reviewing the oil reports here is one of my favorite pastimes. I appreciate it when folks take the time to post their reports so I try to share as much I can also.

You are correct Jim-things can be a little different when the operator "doesn't have a nickel in it"!

Looks like the recommended 4 year service would just about be a comfortable limit.
Delvac Syn ATF is one heck of a high quality lubricant which shows it's performance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back