Mobil Delvac 1300 Super $3/jug rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
On MobilDelvac.com I stumbled across a new promotion they are going to run March 1 through April - $3 back per gal jug purchased (up to max of 12 jugs or $15 per pail up to 3 pails).

Quite a deal for
- the #1 selling oil to professional truckers in truck stops
- the oil that the 5 largest heavy duty engine OEMs in the world use to design and develop their engines (including CAT, Detroit Diesel/Mercedes, Volvo/Mack)
- the oil that GM chooses for their dealers to use with Duramax engines.

Didn't see a reference to Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 for the rebate though.

Good deal, thanks.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: OilGuy
On MobilDelvac.com I stumbled across a new promotion they are going to run March 1 through April - $3 back per gal jug purchased (up to max of 12 jugs or $15 per pail up to 3 pails).

Quite a deal for
- the #1 selling oil to professional truckers in truck stops
- the oil that the 5 largest heavy duty engine OEMs in the world use to design and develop their engines (including CAT, Detroit Diesel/Mercedes, Volvo/Mack)
- the oil that GM chooses for their dealers to use with Duramax engines.

Didn't see a reference to Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 for the rebate though.

You seem to be advertising...do you work for Mobil?

Just a Mobil fan as I have learned more about oil, though I am a stockholder (via mutual funds) like many Americans. I tried to simply summarize some of the more eye-catching facts that I've stumbled upon (their website, brochures, etc).

Mobil 1 TDT can be had for $22 a gallon at walmart.

It is the same as Delvac 1.

Delvac 1 costs ~$32 a gallon. Even with this rebate it's much more expensive.

Originally Posted By: Brien
Mobil 1 TDT can be had for $22 a gallon at walmart.

It is the same as Delvac 1.

Delvac 1 costs ~$32 a gallon. Even with this rebate it's much more expensive.

I didn't see Delvac 1 as part of the rebate - only conventional Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40.

Mobil 1 TDT used to be the same as Delvac 1, but not anymore since Delvac 1 was upgraded to CJ-4 (and renamed Delvac 1 ESP)

Oops, I didn't see the 1300 part.

Does that rebate apply to 1300 bought at walmart? If so that'd only be ~$6 after rebate!

That's a whale of a deal. Believe it or not, I've never run the 1300 in any of my vehicles. I believe it to be a good HDEO, but for some reason I've never tried it
21.gif

I use MOBIL DELVAC SUPER 1300 15W40, in all my 1970's cars. I change the oil yearly or under 3000 miles, as the cars are not driven daily. They go to meets or tours, or drive them only when the weather is nice. They are stored for the Winter Season. It's a common sense way to go on these cars, where I don't need the advantages of synthetics, or the higher price.

So I need to change the oil, for the upcoming driving season and the discount, will be very welcome. Gas, will be pushing $4.00 a gal., this Summer, I'm told, so the price of engine oil, will also increase. Who knows how much that will be?

Hi,
I don't work for Mobil either despite what some people may think

However, Delvac 1300 15w-40 is at least the measure of Delo, Rotella and all of the others. Sadly it lives under the shadow of Delvac 1 5w-40 on BITOG

It is a very popular lubricant amongst the very cost/benefit conscious Commercial users which is its true marketplace of course. It has a great record that can be tracked back for decades

Last edited:
Doug, Good'ay Mate. :)

Nice to see your postings, as I haven't posted on BITOG, for a while.

MOBIL'S DINO Delvac, seems to be a secret on here, whereby it is one of the "best bangs for the buck," in the USA. It does what I need to be done, very well and economically. I don't work for MOBIL, and EXXON-MOBIL, makes plenty of money, without mine, it's just a good oil product.

Cool!
I just got the rebate form off Delvac site....what is the upc#?[required] Can we just copy all numbers off the bar code on the jug, to the form?

I feel so bad that I am not using Delo but it is my wifes truck. And at 12,000 miles per year I will take a long time before the engine will wear out .

Went to Wally this afternoon and got 2 one gal. jugs for $9.12 each After sales tax,the $3.rebate,and the$.41 postage stamp,it works out to $1.74 per quart. Pretty good, HUH?

By the way, the UPC and "bar code" are the same thing. The UPC# is also on the receipt,which you must also send(for the rebate). Mine is going in a gasser pickup.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to stock up on some. I've been using Delvac 1300 for a few years in my gas engines. I use it in my 2.5L Jeep Wrangler, my brother's 4.0 Wrangler. I also use it in my 420rwhp LS1 Camaro SS and my boat engines. My last 360ci and 355ci SBC boat motors ran mostly on Delvac and upon teardown showed prominent crosshatching on the cylinder walls along with very minor skirt wear inside the bore. Marine motors are worked very hard with alot of the time at WOT for extended periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back