Mobil coming out with a new atf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Not familiar with Dexron HP. Is this a low viscosity ATF? I dont see Mercon LV or Dex VI listed.

Oh, theres the Dex VI listing, just missed it. Still curious that they don't list any Merc LV.

Last edited:
It looks like GM may have come out with a new ATF requirement which superseded Dexron VI. (Maybe this is old news but it's news to me).

Originally Posted By: pbm
It looks like GM may have come out with a new ATF requirement which superseded Dexron VI. (Maybe this is old news but it's news to me).

I believe this came with the 8 speeds that are coming in the higher end Silverado's and GMC's. Maybe model year 2015? Might also be in some cars I just know about the trucks

Think Dexron HP has six license holders so far - Chevron, ExxonMobil, Shell, SK (2), and Valvoline ...

Anyone know if Dexron HP is gonna supercede DexVI or will it be another proprietary fluid formula?

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Anyone know if Dexron HP is gonna supercede DexVI or will it be another proprietary fluid formula?

According to the label on the back of the bottle it does supersede the previous spec'd fluids.

Finally! What took them so long to roll out a LV synthetic ATF?
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back