Mobil Clean 7500

Status
Not open for further replies.
This oil has all but disappeared from the Walmart shelves. I found a stash in the clearance shelf in the Cerry Hill NJ store. I bought the remaining 11 bottles of 5W-20. Mobil Clean 5000, however, was plentiful.

Do you have an AutoZone in your area? You can get 7500 over there. If Walmart is your only source for motor oil, then you have my sympathy.
frown.gif

my wally has zero mc7500, but the autozone in the same parking lot has plenty and in all the wt's too.
i asked the guy at wallyworld (that was stocking the oil shelves) and he said, "isn't is all the same anyway?" when i asked if they had any mc7500. i replied, "no" and walked off.

quote:

I would say XOM might be having a difficult time marketing it's wide array of oils for retail.

By marketing, I don't mean just advertising.

Alot of folks still remember the recent days when cheaper oils like Shell & Mobil were the same price. Now XOM wants to be like Pennzoil & Castrol -- but the public doesn't want to spend more for it.

I'll bet Hasvoline sales have dropped big-time recently. That was a Shell-priced oil for decades. Not anymore -- only 20-25 cents less than Castrol/Pennzoil in many stores.

There are a million folks oput there that have no idea how good Havoline is. All they look at is price comparison. Most of em' will pay $1 more for that oil change & buy the Castrol/Pennzoil.

That's the problem XOM is having with conventional/syn-blend Mobil oils. It's hard to tell folks that your Chevy price is now a Buick price -- that your Mercury now costs more because it's now all Lincoln in parts.

Can't blame folks for walking away. Once a product establishes a price category, changing it to more money for the same engine sound doesn't bode well for them.

XOM needs to be careful it dosen't fall into the GM trap of offering too many lines and confusing the average oil consumer, who often buys only on price and/or brand name.

We now have M1 EP, regular M1, MC 7500, and MC 5000, not to mention all the various T&SUV and HM versions of them. Too many flavors of motor oil if you ask me.

Perhaps MC 7500 is the Oldsmobile of the lineup: too expensive for the Chevy shoppers and not quite good enough for the Caddy folk. Pity, as it is a very good oil.

I agree with those who stated there are just too many lines.
Walmart of course makes it harder because they have to set the price 'somewhere'.... So Clean 5000 started out at $1.68 and is now over two dollars, so all the others had to go up as well.

The Trop A/Ford MC are still the best in terms of price for blends and I feel it is partly because Walmart doesn't have to 'fit' these oils into prices within a HUGE line offering like XOM.

Same goes for Havoline at Walmart also, just one line, multiple grades, price is great. I bet if they start to carry the Havoline syns, the dino price would go up.

i agree, that the lineups are getting abit extreme.

I used to use Mobil Drive Clean now and then because it was good cheap oil.

i had planned to use the Mobil 5000 after the Drive Clean disappeared but the price went up right after it hit the shelf.

so i've been sticking with Havoline.

I just swapped out the Mobil 7500 5w30 for Havoline Full Synthetic 10w30 and they smell pretty much exactly the same......for some reason that just surprised me.

I just swapped out the Mobil 7500 5w30 for Havoline Full Synthetic 10w30 and they smell pretty much exactly the same......for some reason that just surprised me.

"Can't blame folks for walking away. Once a product establishes a price category, changing it to more money for the same engine sound doesn't bode well for them. "
--------------------------------------------------------

I've seen this happen with beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back