Mobil Clean 5k 5W-30 SM 3006 mi 08 Nissan Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD, QR25DE and CVT

86,023 mi on vehicle

3006 miles on oil

Napa Nascar Select oil filter

AFE Pro Dry S air filter

Oil was in service from mid October to mid January. Mostly in town and rural driving.

Analysis by Dyson.

Fe---5

Cu---1

Sn---0

Pb---0

Cr---0

Ni---0

Al---1

Ti---0

Ag---0

Ca---2168

Mg---24

Z---1068

P----768

Ba---1

Mo---169

Sb---0

Si---4

Na---7

B----0

K----0

V----0

Visc@40C- 50.2

Visc@100C- 8.8

TAN- 2.09

TBN- 2.5

Flash- 290

Fuel- 1.52 %

OX- 19

NIT- 10

KF- 735

Soot, Glycol. 0

VI- 155

I kept this oil in service for an additional 400 miles and changed it out.

This thing has always been murder on TBN. I could only get 5k out of Schaeffer's under these same conditions. Metals have always been near VOA levels regardless of oil used and despite the fact Dyson's lab sees a broader range of particle sizes.

For this oil/app, with current conditions I'd say 3,500 is a good cap. Maybe you could get to the 4,000-5,000 range if it saw more highway miles/longer trips with less stop 'n go.

Fuel dilution. See what can be done to get that under control.

mobil clean 5000 have 9.0 TBN. It can go 6500 miles easy.. I think he is driving mostly in town and lot of idling..

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Fuel dilution. See what can be done to get that under control.

So far nothing has made much of a difference. The fuel is a little lower than the last report however.

Originally Posted By: moto94536
mobil clean 5000 have 9.0 TBN. It can go 6500 miles easy.. I think he is driving mostly in town and lot of idling..

Yes. This is my wife's DD and she spends a lot of time in traffic and city driving. Even when she used to travel everyday in her old job and put on 7.5k mi in a couple months 7500 miles was about it This thing is just hard on the TBN.

Also I should have mentioned in my original post this was the 3rd consecutive run of this oil.

Originally Posted By: moto94536
This is Analysis by Dyson ??? Molybdenum have 155 brand new bottle.. How can you have Mo-169 ????

If you are referring to the difference in moly levels between this sample and the PQIA data I would suspect it is due to small batch variation and/or lab variation.
Or it could be some of the moly hanging out in my engine from one of the previous two runs decided to go back into suspension, raising the measured level. I would guess the former. Good eye for detail, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back