Mobil clean 5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:
...Ray, you are right. I meant to type strong>

Then, I humbly stand corrected. (And I also feel better about my recent $36.00 "investment" in a ****load of TropArtic "SM" 10W-30 at Dollar Tree Stores.
wink.gif
) Seriously, I had no idea about those (presumably, more recent) Chevron spec. sheets for their Group II and Group III base oils. The boys in Richmond've obviously been busy since that earlier study I referenced was released. Thanks!
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Blue99:
So, G-Man & Ray, what do you think is in the Clean 5000 in addition to GrpIII base oil?

I stated in the past that the Clean 5000 sure looks more like a Grp II formulation, when viewing the pour points & the cold crank ratings.

And possibly some additive is boosting the specific gravity up into the .860/.870 range, while the typical GF-4 Grp III formulations are more in the low .850's for specific gravity.

As per above, then, I have no idea. Your comments and G-Man II's raise compelling questions in my mind, now, whether there's any Group III in Clean 5000. I can believe that ExxonMobil has a very "interesting" additive pack, though. (This high Na level will be driving users and OA labs nuts for awhile, though.)

There is different type of group III,S depending on the maunfacture,whether its whoever,,,though they are somewhat comparable,,,,,,the add pac also COMPLEMENTS the base oil,the blender makes the deciding factor.....BL

Part of any perceived problem in marketing Mobil 5000, IS the 5000 mile oil change which is what Mobil 5000 is all about.

Many are still conditioned on the 3000 mile oil change and will be reluctant to change. They also will have a difficulty time paying more for oil then what they are used to, as well as switching from a brand they have used for years..hence the free oil. Mobil says "try us for free" While others may snicker, I say go get 'em Mobil and thanks for the free oil!

Whether or not Mobil succeeds with their 5000, 7500 and 15000 mile oil strategy remains to be seen. However it does not take away from the fact that these are good oils.

Now we have someone trashing Havoline dino, and no one responds? We sure are getting full of ourselves
rolleyes.gif

I did. I tried to get the flame meister to respond so we could walk hand in hand through a few UOA's and VOA's...but I guess he just hits and runs....
I maintain.....
Mobil is marketing something that has been around for a long long time with many dino's and synthetics both. Nothing new....hence my "marketing ********" statement....I also maintain you can get 5000 mile OCI's with great result...or should I say equal to but no less than Mobil 5000 with Havoline or other dino's out there now....
Mebbe Carlos will return and share his wisdom with us....

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
Mobil is marketing something that has been around for a long long time with many dino's and synthetics both. Nothing new....

I think you're missing the point. Irrespective of how Mobil is marketing this oil, the oil itself IS something new. We have never seen an oil that is formulated like this. Whether or not it is comprised totally of Group III base oil, the additive package is totally unique and definitely "something new."

I do get the point....that is exactly why I solicit his input (or anybody else's for that matter) on the VOA of Mobil versus the VOA of a Havoline...and how that relates to any superior formula/UOA...I read high lead/sodium..in the 7500....OK....how does that relate to any superior formula?

Sgtgeek, sorry, but I'm not catching on to what point your're trying to make, here.

Over any single 5K UOA in a particular engine, M1 EP, Amsoil, Havoline & SuperTech may all produce the same levels of wear metals.

But while the specific's of the Clean 5000 formulation have yet to be nailed down, here at Bitog, it certainly is not "just dino oil".

Yes, I believe Mobil is the first to market an oil warrantied for specific OCI's.

And ExxonMobil, a leader in synthetic base oils, did not incorporate the Clean 5000 & 7500 formulations into the flagship M1 program, based simply on marketing strategy. Pay attention to the small details that get revealed here...

quote:

Originally posted by Islandvic:
10 free quarts from Mobil's giveaway?

Chevy Guy, what type of vehicle are you putting it in?

Its ging in my wifes 2000 Grand Prix 3800 and soon in my Chevy Avalanche 5.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back