Mobil Clean 5000 (Dino) 10w40 Zero Consumption!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched my girlfriends blazer 4.3 V6 with almost 200,000 miles on her, which burns some oil, to this oil, and after 4,000 miles ZERO consumption! I have tried other high mileage oils, and none of them have performed like this! This engine would easily run through a quart of synthetic 10w30 in a little over 2,000 miles. Anyone else have this experience, or have good results with this oil??

Ponch,
It's often said here at BITOG that changing brands/grades of oil have reduced/eliminated oil consumption in the engines of members here even when staying within the same grade. I would say, keep using this oil and see if the consumption returns.

Were your HM OCI using 10W30 or 10W40?
What grade oil will you be using come winter time?
How does the engine sound/feel?

Now you have to integrate the perpetual oil change that you no longer have in the oil decision equation.
Less burning now, but dirtier and more beat up oil!

Char Baby,....my recent HM oils were maxlife 10w40, and castrol 10w40. This is the only 10w40 oil that has not been consumed for some reason. Engines sounds the same,..cant really tell a difference in MPG'S

The Maxlife finally got your engine clean and now you're just going to goop it up again with that Mobil Clean
LOL.gif
. Seriously though the Mobil Clean 5000 is turning in good UOA's and the price point is pretty good in most areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back