Mobil Clean 5000 10w30, 01 Cavalier 2.2L 6,862mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Finally got around to sending this oil sample in. Had it sitting on the PC desk for a month
smile.gif

Previous UOA:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...true#Post889390

The gf's driving habits basically took a complete flip since the last UOA. Her and I moved up to Portage where she works. She now drives mainly around 60% highway and 40% City.

Instead of the 25 minute all highway trip to work, it's around 10 minutes now of mixed driving. I now have to drive 30 minutes to my work. Overall for 6862 miles the oil sample looks satisfactory to me. Based on her new driving habits, I'll prolly cut her back to around 5500 miles or so. Prolly do one more UOA
smile.gif
Ohh almost forgot. This UOA had a 3oz ARX Maintenance dose added.

What Blackstone had to say:
Quote:

MATT: Lead, from the bearings, increased, and this could be due to a few things. A particle streak can cause
lead to increase one sample, and then fall in the next. Or, the increased city driving could be the reason for
lead. If that's the case, then lead might stay high next time and you'll need to run shorter oil changes (maybe
5,000 miles) to bring it down. Silicon could also be the reason for lead, if silicon shows a dirty air filter. We
suggest checking this. The level of fuel increased due to more city driving. Otherwise, the engine looks good!

oilreportyo5.jpg

Last edited:
What was the TBN? Fuel turned this oil into a 20wt. I bet Mobil 1's Fe would have been higher.
grin.gif
I guess Mobil dropped the Na add pack?

Like I said in the past thread, we don't usually change the oil in the car to maximize OCIs, it just gets changed when I have the opportunity to and she wants it changed. I'm not really concerned with the TBN, but perhaps for the next UOA, I'll pay the extra $10 to have it done.

interesting uoa, where's all the famous sodium in mobil clean 5000? uh oh, formula change! I bought some from o'reilly auto parts free after rebate. hesitating using it, but after this UOA, I may get the gumption. looks like the shorter drives are showing in this uoa, higher fuel dilution, lead wear increased (stop light wide open throttle, eh?) other than that, everything looks about the same. this should be the non ecotec engine

Quote:

interesting uoa, where's all the famous sodium in mobil clean 5000? uh oh, formula change! I bought some from o'reilly auto parts free after rebate. hesitating using it, but after this UOA, I may get the gumption. looks like the shorter drives are showing in this uoa, higher fuel dilution, lead wear increased (stop light wide open throttle, eh?) other than that, everything looks about the same. this should be the non ecotec engine

Correct this is the 2.2L OHV engine. Not sure how the gf drives when I'm not with her, but generally she doesn't "race" people, but she likes to get moving when the light turns green.

Yeah it was commented last time about the absence of the high sodium content, must have gotten lucky. I can't even recall where this 4 quarts came from. Usually buy it where ever it's on sale.

Addguy, could be. I am running another 3oz Maintenance dose again this OCI. I'll prolly run it to 5500 miles and do another UOA to check ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back