Mobil Clean 5000 10w30, 01 Cavalier 2.2L 6,437 mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this back from Blackstone. I had the sample sitting on the table for about a month. Forgot about it. I had the box checked to do a TBN, but I had amy write a check and check things over and she thought the TBN box marked was a mistake so she unchecked it.

It's really hard to put a label on my wife's driving habits. She mostly drives about 5-8 miles (one way) to work everyday with her car. It involves going through 8 stop lights, most of which you will get the red light going to everyone. She drives on the highway some, but a lot anymore most of her driving is 50mph and under. She does have a "lead" foot considering her little 2.2L OHV cavalier is slower than a caterpillar.

I would like to see lead a little lower, but for the most part it looks good to me. Considering if I catch the sales, I can usually get 5 quarts (4 quart sump) and a filter (generally AC Delco, but have had STP before) for $9.00 :) This UOA was with a Delco filter, and 3oz of Auto-RX for a maintenance dose also. Lol not sure where the 1ppm Titanium came from unless from my wedding ring somehow.. HMMM

I would think the engine should be fine handling a 5-6K OCI based on what I've seen over the past UOAs.

oilsamplehv8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Have an '02 with almost the exact same mileage, and its good see reports on similar engines. Everything looks pretty good, lead 'could' still be residual cleaning from the A-RX.

I'm just over 8k miles into a run of Petro-Canada dino 5W-30. Not going to see as good of nmbers as yours, but hope to change it in the next couple of weeks, and get a UOA.....

The engine in that Cavalier will probably be the last thing working on it. My son had a Cav with the same engine. Pretty bulletproof actually. Looks OK to me.

Al,

I saw the UOA's you posted on that Cavalier. You got some good results w/Schaeffer syn. Whatever happened to that car?

Too bad, we don't have a TBN for this engine. I have the same 2.2L OHV in my sunfire. Iron, Lead, viscosity, solubles are at the max level I would be comfortable with. I have a similiar drive, but it's ten miles. I'm estimating, I drive through 25 stop lights in a ten mile stretch during rush hour for 8am work and after 5pm when I get off. I have six months/2500 miles on Rotella 10w-30 so far. I'm going to do one year for the first time ever. I agree with the other comments, bulletproof engine

"SW Michigan"" She mostly drives about 5-8 miles (one way) to work everyday with her car."

"I would think the engine should be fine handling a 5-6K OCI based on what I've seen over the past UOAs."

That sounds right, but 5w-30 or 0w-30 would be a good compromise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back