Mobil 5w-40 Truck & SUV at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

I went to Walmart today to buy a 5 quart Jug of Mobil 1 when I finally saw the 'elusive' 5w-40 Truck & SUV oil. Is this oil really that much better than Mobil 1 and is it a good buy for $4.77 (same price as the 10w-30 M1) They had about 10 quarts of Truck & SUV oil and I was wondering if I should use this oil in my 1996 Vette? THANKS
cool.gif

YES!!! go right ahead! itll do fine. of course, some may tell you that this is way too high of a viscosity for your vette's engine and it will explode!!

in reality, if this is a car thats driven every day (which im sure its not, as most vette owners dont drive much at all anyways-from what ive seen.), it will do fine and perhap's, at the most, loose a few hp and maybe like .2 mpg.

W/ that said, Id try it or GC. Personally, ive been using GC for over a year now and i like it and so do my UOA's. Ive used M1 5w-40 once for 6K miles and forgot to sample it. i know, i screwed up. anyways, my MPG was almost exactly the same as GC. (I only used round numbers so it still averaged the same about 24mpg combined cycle.) good luck on choice.

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Hello guys,

I went to Walmart today to buy a 5 quart Jug of Mobil 1 when I finally saw the 'elusive' 5w-40 Truck & SUV oil. Is this oil really that much better than Mobil 1 and is it a good buy for $4.77 (same price as the 10w-30 M1) They had about 10 quarts of Truck & SUV oil and I was wondering if I should use this oil in my 1996 Vette? THANKS
cool.gif

Can't you get GC down there at Autozone?? Why shop for M1
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I have been to 8 different AutoZones here in south FL and they do not carry it
dunno.gif
....they only carry the U.S. made Syntec. I would buy GC if only I could get my hands on some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back