Mobil 1 walmart sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local walmart is having a sale on the Mobil 1, when do Walmarts usually have them on sale? Just once a year?

I paid $18.88/jug (5 qt jugs), which comes to $1 off the normal price for each quart, not bad but its a PITA cause my 5.4 takes 6 quarts while the 4.6 takes 5 quarts.

I'm using Supertech oil filters which I think can last 5k miles tops whereas the M1 on a conservative estimate could last 8000-9000 miles w/ normal duty driving (non-severe according to Ford). If this is correct, then I'd have to buy another quart at regular price to top it off after the filter change.

I think that price for the 5 quart jug is their "everyday low price." Bulk supplies are usually less expensive, but a $1 less per quart is substantial. The only other retailer here that offers M1 for less is Mill's Fleet Farm, $4.49 a quart regular price, and occasionally $3.99 a quart when on sale.

This site is a wealth of info. Check out the filter study in regard to flow restrictions of various filters. You will find M1(and other)filters are quite restrictive when it comes to flow. In my opinion, it's a compromise on filters; either good filtration with restrictive flow, or mediocore filtration with good flow. In the end, what's the worse of the two? Wear from reduced flow(high $$$ filter), or wear from larger circulating particles(low $$$ filter)? To each his own.

I meant to say the M1 oil + Supertech oil filter. Sorry for the confusion.

I've never seen the 5 qt jugs before - so I'm wondering if its a once a year thing at Walmart.

We finally got the 5qrt jugs again here. I've bought two so far and hopefully get two more before they sell out.

Wayne

quote:

I've never seen the 5 qt jugs before - so I'm wondering if its a once a year thing at Walmart

I havn't either until now. Your in NJ too, maybe that has something to do with it. I picked up a jug yesterday. For that price, I'll be making the switch back to M1. Tough to pass that up.

I would have stocked up, but I have come to the realization that I have way too much stuff to store. Car care chemicals are one of the things I have way too much of, so I'm not buying any more until I need them!

Mobil-1 Shipment in Connecticut: At the Rocky Hill Wal-Mart, ALL grades of passenger-car Mobil-1 have arrived, including the 5-qt jugs. Yes, this includes quarts of 0W-20 and 0W-40, @$4.77.

quote:

Originally posted by Pete:
Mobil-1 Shipment in Connecticut: At the Rocky Hill Wal-Mart, ALL grades of passenger-car Mobil-1 have arrived, including the 5-qt jugs. Yes, this includes quarts of 0W-20 and 0W-40, @$4.77.

My Wal-Mart has the 0w20 and 0w40 now, too—though tonight the space for the 0w40 was empty, and I didn't see a space for the 0w30. 5 qt jugs only in 5w30, 10w30, and 15w50.

I also noticed that Castrol Syntec has had a price "roll back" and is now under $4.00/qt, which means it's now approaching an appropriate price for a Group III oil. Still no Syntec 0w30, domestic or German.

quote:

Originally posted by metroplex:
Yeah Syntec is 6qt/$13.96 at my local walmart.

It's not that cheap at mine. The 5 qt jugs are approx $20.00, and there is no discount over the per qt price for the 6 qt case.

It wasn't that long ago (1998 or 1999) when I remember seeing Mobil 1 selling at Target for $2.50 a quart! It was their everyday price too! This was in Lansing Michigan that I saw this. IIRC, everyone else was selling M1 for about $3.25 or $3.50 US per quart at the time. I used to stock up like crazy everytime I travelled to the US (I also stocked up like crazy on M1 filters, and later I started using the Ultraguards)

Patman: Target just dropped their M1 price from $5.29/qt to $4.79/qt (USD). Walmart has always sold M1 in qt for $4.77/qt here in NJ
frown.gif

Anyone else get the 5qt for less than $18.88/jug?

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
It wasn't that long ago (1998 or 1999) when I remember seeing Mobil 1 selling at Target for $2.50 a quart! It was their everyday price too! This was in Lansing Michigan that I saw this. IIRC, everyone else was selling M1 for about $3.25 or $3.50 US per quart at the time. I used to stock up like crazy everytime I travelled to the US (I also stocked up like crazy on M1 filters, and later I started using the Ultraguards)

Last time I bought Mobil 1 10w30 for my Chrysler, I got it at Target for $3.84/qt. That's been about 5 months ago, so I don't know if it's still that price or not. At the time, that was the cheapest you could find Mobil 1 in my area.

I also used to buy Mobil1 at Target for $2.50 to $2.90 but haven't seen those prices in the last year. Oh well, at least I got 60 quarts of $.68/qt Havoline/Chevron last month!
smile.gif

WalMart in Oakland County, MI has the 5 QT. Mobil 1 jugs for $18.88, as well as individual M1 quarts for $3.38 (10W-30 and 5W-30 were sold out of course).

All of the 5W-30 5qt jugs have been sold out!!

I just hope the Mobil 1 oil can keep my valve stem seals and rings healthy.

quote:

Originally posted by harbor:
WalMart in Oakland County, MI has the 5 QT. Mobil 1 jugs for $18.88, as well as individual M1 quarts for $3.38 (10W-30 and 5W-30 were sold out of course).

That is what I don't understand about this store sometimes. Why pay $18.88 (3.77/qt) when right next to it you can buy it for $3.38???
dunno.gif

The 5 gallon jugs have sold out of one local Walmart, but the other big W-Mart has a huge end aisle display. I bought 2 each of 10W-30 and 5W-30, $18.88 each. Nobody else has the 5 gallon jugs, and the quart bottle prices are $4.80 to $5 EVERYWHERE. I haven't seen M1 quarts below $4.75 since 2001.

The funny thing is M1 jugs are cheaper than the lesser jugs of Syntec & Penzoil synthetics, displayed right beside the M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back