MOBIL 1 vs. TOYO ( Denso ) for removing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
particles during break in period of a '09 YARIS . Plan on getting the deal at A.A.P. for the PLATINUM with MOBIL 1 oil filter . Should we stick with the TOYO ( Denso , 90915- YZZF2 ) oil filter or go with the MOBIL 1 for the time being ? It's the woman's car so she's more picky about the oil changes that I have the honor of performing . :- ) THANKS

Last edited:
My 07 Prius has essentially the same engine with less HP. I would use and have used Pureone as a USA made alternatve to Denso, but the Denso is something not to cause worry, nor the M1. The engine will like any one. The filter hangs down and is easy to change. I don't even lift the car to change oil and the car is low. If the manual specs 3.9 qts like the Prius, it is good to put just 3.5 in and check from there or it may get overfilled, if you haven't heard about that already.

Watch the Denso's. Some are much, much better than others. I wouldn't pay more than PureOne/Napa Gold prices for one either, but some dealerships charge quite a bit for them.

Mobil 1, Bosch, RP, PureOne, WIX/NapaGold are all very good. Each has advantages and disadvantages. But they all have silicone ADBV and a good amount of quality media, and good construction. I'd put any of them equal or better than the Denso.

OEM Denso is pretty good - aftermarket one, even Toyota box is decent. I'm running a Wix on a 09 Prius now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back