Mobil 1 turning dark at 600 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1
Bill doesn't believe in synthetics, I guess. I think I'm doing right by my engine and saving money in the long run. I will stick to synthetic.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
+1
Bill doesn't believe in synthetics, I guess. I think I'm doing right by my engine and saving money in the long run. I will stick to synthetic.

Maybe bill will send you his M1 he got on close out for $15 bucks
that was 15 right??

i'll be the next in line for the free M1
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman

Ya. Bill what about it? I'll trade you some YB quart for quart?
cheers3.gif

+1

But you don't KNOW... So its a risk. Not a fact!

Running syn does not guarantee you 200k any more than conventional oil does (though Valvoline, QS and Pennzoil all have warranty plans well past that... WITH THEIR CHEAPEST OILS (which would be conventional)

So its a big RISK to run conventional oils huh?

The oil companies sure must not think so...

(and MOST of you syn users also fall into the If syn is better than changing it more often is EVEN BETTER!) So you change it more often than someone who SHOULD change conventional oil!
06.gif

I'd rather invest the $$ into something that matters.

Now, If I can get the oil on sale (like QS syn for $8 for 5 quarts or Mobil 1 which WAS $5 for 5 quarts after the rebate) then I'll buy it.

But, in the end it does not matter for most of us. You can try to justify it as much as you want and that's great.

But face the facts, millions of miles are operated using whatever the bulk tank has (more people have their oil changed FOR them than do it themselves, so right away a DIY person is doing more than the average owner)

Doing it your self and following the manual DOES work.

I'd like everyone who runs syn to show me the place in the manual where it says you HAVE to run it.

If EVERYONE who does did, I'll guarantee we would see more manuals with the following words;

API Grade S_ "energy-conserving" or ILSAC multigrade engine oil is recommended. (or something like that)

than;

MUST USE SYNTHETIC OIL...

But hey, what do I know?
crazy2.gif

Since almost 90% of the engines out there run the "liquid dirt" oil (yes, a member of BITOG uses that description trying to sell his product
smirk2.gif
)

And I'm having a hard time driving to work with all those vehicles clogging the road since they have failed.
crackmeup2.gif

I've got nothing against running syn is engines that don't require it. But PLEASE don't feel your superior to people who decide not to spend the $$, because again, in the end it does not matter for most people.

That is if you keep the car. And it does not rust out. Or get totaled (and remember to tell the insurance company that you run syn oil in the engine, they will give you more $$)

Take care, bill

Actually you are wrong about that Bill. On the Valvoline web site it states that they warrenty conventional oil 150,000.

Semi synthetic oil 225,000

And full synthetic 300,000

All must be changed in 3000 miles. So, the logic here is Valvoline thinks there synpower will give longer life to an engine.

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Actually you are wrong about that Bill. On the Valvoline web site it states that they warrenty conventional oil 150,000.

Semi synthetic oil 225,000

And full synthetic 300,000

All must be changed in 3000 miles. So, the logic here is Valvoline thinks there synpower will give longer life to an engine.

Ok, I was wrong about Valvoline. (I don't fall for any oil company warranty since I'm not brand loyal)

How about Pennzoil and QS??

Pennzoil warranty Hmmm..

Pennzoil YB must be better than Valvoline conventional. Why?

Warranty is 150k vs 300k. 3k OCI vs 4k OCI...

So Pennzoil YB is 2x better than Valvoline conventional for engine life AND 33% longer oil life!
banana2.gif

(I should be into Oil Company marketing!)
20.gif
LOL.gif

NEWS FLASH! Pennzoil YB is BETTER than Valvoline synpower!

3k vs 4k OCI = same warranty!

(I love marketing)
02.gif

And QS is the same as Pennzoil...

Originally Posted By: daman

Ya. Bill what about it? I'll trade you some YB quart for quart?
cheers3.gif

That would make a lot of sense would it not? I guess you get free shipping both ways?

Go buy your own.
smirk2.gif

Can I have your mobil 1 now?

See above!
grin2.gif

How many of you guys have run BOTH for many miles in the same engine and reported the results here?

I have.

Bill

sorry Actually you are wrong again. Valvoline states that they give a 1000 mile grace, so you would have to change it within 4000 miles.

And just for the record. I like Syntec 0w30 better then the mobil 1. But like you say, it's my choice.

sorry Actually you are wrong again. Valvoline states that they give a 1000 mile grace, so you would have to change it within 4000 miles.

And just for the record. I like Syntec 0w30 better then the mobil 1. But like you say, it's my choice.

So I guess I'd also have to go to Maxlife once I go over 75,001 miles like their bottle shows?
LOL.gif

And Valvoline says 90 days or 3k (with the "grace" of 1k which if you did it everytime, I'm sure you'll have "issues" with your claim..)

(Looking at their website (which I hate to have to do) it says;

Quote:
Small mistakes, or "exceptions," will not void your Limited Engine Guarantee. The program allows for three exceptions. On the fourth exception your vehicle no longer qualifies for the Limited Engine Guarantee.

So I'm not wrong. Thank you.

Pennzoil states 4k.
grin2.gif

Good my Oil company marketing career still has a chance! (Hey Johnny! Can you hook me up?)

Bill

Even though my engine had very low miles when I switched over to the Amsoil ACD, it got dark quickly for the first couple changes. Now it barely changes through the entire OCI. I thought the heat cycling of the ZDDP made it get dark quicker?

thats car is quite aged; why sudden change to M1? is it bad to change an older engine to synth?

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Not much of a risk. I spend a little more on an OC, so what?
So are we trading or not?
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Not much of a risk. I spend a little more on an OC, so what?
So are we trading or not?
48.gif

I don't think he's giving up any of that $15 M1
frown.gif

Well, I just picked up a 5 qt jug of Valvoline Maxlife Full synthetic at walmart for the price of $21.00. The full synthetic maxlife is harder to find so I figured I'd better get it. Now under Bill in Utah's logic, I should could have saved oh lets say 6 or 7 dollers and bought a conventional Pennzoil or Valvoline. But what the heck. So I don't eat fast food for 1 or 2 days this month and I just paid for my synthetic. And if I happend to go over my 5000 run, well I don't have to sweat it out like some would

Well, I just picked up a 5 qt jug of Valvoline Maxlife Full synthetic at walmart for the price of $21.00. The full synthetic maxlife is harder to find so I figured I'd better get it. Now under Bill in Utah's logic, I should could have saved oh lets say 6 or 7 dollers and bought a conventional Pennzoil or Valvoline. But what the heck. So I don't eat fast food for 1 or 2 days this month and I just paid for my synthetic. And if I happend to go over my 5000 run, well I don't have to sweat it out like some would

shame on you for doing that,10 lashes for you!!
spankme2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back