Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Tuck Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is a photo of the back of a jug of Mobil 1 TDT. The API monogram includes CJ4, SM and CI-4 Plus. In the written section it says in meets the requirements of SN. Does anyone know why they can’t put SN on the monogram? I know TDT has 1100 ppm zinc and phosphate which I thought would be too high for a SN rated oil. Anyone know the full story? Thanks.
smile.gif

So this is what it means I believe... the oil meets SN protection standards (they are marketing that in the wording) however because the “Xw40” weight diesel oils have a waiver and can carry a higher zinc/phos content (not allowed for current SN standards in terms of being cat converter safe) , it does not meet SN standards as it relates to carrying the symbol in the official circle.

There you go, jump in and correct me if I am wrong.

The Mobil 1 Product Guide says CK-4, SN, and ACEA E7 and E9, so yes, might be old Stock. They were clearing it out at Canadian Tire this week. I’ll keep an eye out for newer bottles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bonz
So this is what it means I believe... the oil meets SN protection standards (they are marketing that in the wording) however because the “Xw40” weight diesel oils have a waiver and can carry a higher zinc/phos content (not allowed for current SN standards in terms of being cat converter safe) , it does not meet SN standards as it relates to carrying the symbol in the official circle.

Any Xw40 oil can have higher zinc/phos content than the "fuel saving grades".

Hey Snagglefoot, what price were they charging for that jug? Years ago I began steering clear of Mobil due to the prices they were "demanding" for their products.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
I'll double check and grab a pic when I get home.

*no idea why my pics keep getting rotated sideways, sorry.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: Bonz

Any Xw40 oil can have higher zinc/phos content than the "fuel saving grades".

Ok, thanks for that.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
$34 Canadian, and it’s the first time I ever saw it on sale.

Me, too. Is the world coming to an end? In any case, that's roughly the everyday price of Delvac 1 from the distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back