Mobil 1 Truck & SUV Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30

2021 Chevrolet Custom 2500HD 4X4 6.6l gas
401hp 468 ftlbs torque with 6 speed transmission silver in color. One guy answered my question by saying “ 10%” for detergent. That’s pretty much the answer, correct? **** y’all make things harder than it has to be. It’s like a pi$$ing contest with some of y’all. Thanks for the help.

Not sure what answer you were expecting? Just because you have a truck doesn’t mean you have to run a truck oil. M1 figured they could attract the truck owners with this oil. I’m not sure it’s working. Shell did the same thing with their Rotella Gas Truck and that was a failure and it has been discontinued. My thinking is that M1 will drop this one too so you might be able to get it on clearance.

That truck takes 0w20, right?

401hp 468 ftlbs torque with 6 speed transmission silver in color. One guy answered my question by saying “ 10%” for detergent. That’s pretty much the answer, correct? **** y’all make things harder than it has to be. It’s like a pi$$ing contest with some of y’all. Thanks for the help.
Well there you go and it was easy. You need a Dex1 Gen2 oil in the proper grade...

Not sure what answer you were expecting? Just because you have a truck doesn’t mean you have to run a truck oil. M1 figured they could attract the truck owners with this oil. I’m not sure it’s working. Shell did the same thing with their Rotella Gas Truck and that was a failure and it has been discontinued. My thinking is that M1 will drop this one too so you might be able to get it on clearance.

That truck takes 0w20, right?
No 5W30

Actually Mobil has seven, that's right, seven different 0w-20 offerings. Marketing must come into play. Can't imagine the formulations being that much different. I'd pick the ESP version, but that one does not have a Dexos1 approval for use in GM vehicles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ Extended Performance 0W-20
Up to 20,000 miles of outstanding wear protection – guaranteed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ ESP X2 0W-20
Helps prolong the life and maintain the efficiency of emission systems in new, emerging diesel and gasoline powered European vehicles. An advanced full synthetic motor oil.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ Truck & SUV 0W-20
Extra protection for hardworking truck and SUV gasoline engines.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy
Outstanding engine protection and potential fuel economy benefits.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ Extended Performance High Mileage 0W-20
Up to 20,000 miles of outstanding wear protection for high mileage vehicles – guaranteed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ High Mileage 0W-20
Vehicles with more than 75,000 miles need extra care. Keep them on the road with Mobil 1™ High Mileage 0W-20 synthetic motor oil.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil Super™ Synthetic 0W-20

Provides long engine life and outstanding protection in vehicles of all ages. A full synthetic motor oil.

Actually Mobil has seven, that's right, seven different 0w-20 offerings. Marketing must come into play. Can't imagine the formulations being that much different. I'd pick the ESP version, but that one does not have a Dexos1 approval for use in GM vehicles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ Extended Performance 0W-20
Up to 20,000 miles of outstanding wear protection – guaranteed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ ESP X2 0W-20
Helps prolong the life and maintain the efficiency of emission systems in new, emerging diesel and gasoline powered European vehicles. An advanced full synthetic motor oil.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ Truck & SUV 0W-20
Extra protection for hardworking truck and SUV gasoline engines.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy
Outstanding engine protection and potential fuel economy benefits.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ Extended Performance High Mileage 0W-20
Up to 20,000 miles of outstanding wear protection for high mileage vehicles – guaranteed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil 1™ High Mileage 0W-20
Vehicles with more than 75,000 miles need extra care. Keep them on the road with Mobil 1™ High Mileage 0W-20 synthetic motor oil.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobil Super™ Synthetic 0W-20

Provides long engine life and outstanding protection in vehicles of all ages. A full synthetic motor oil.
Kinda crazy huh?

You're definitely new to BITOG. :D

Meh, I don't see what's that impressive about ESP 0W-20, given these GM engines tendency to burn oil I wouldn't be sticking an oil in it that's only API SL because it exceeds the phos limits of modern API S specs.

Back