Mobil 1 Truck & SUV Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30

What makes this formula better for trucks and SUV’s? Compared to Mobil 1 standard synthetic oil is it a better oil?
While there is a lot of marketing behind these oils, there would be more integrity in the company to have some formulation differences between the different oils, rather than take the same oil with different labels. When it comes down to certification, there is no different certification on gas engines, it it is in a truck, SUV, hybrid or car. So in reality, an oil that would better for a truck, also would likely be better for a car. That is the part where it comes down to marketing.

10% more detergents to keep down deposits in hard working engines
That’s about the only claim I saw - the version I’m using is 30% PAO but at the time M1 AFE was as well …
(it’s clearance oil like most of my stash) …

if you mean ACEA A5/B5 it is "thin" oil which will properly work in adapted engines and it basically doesn't make premature engine's wear thanks to huge amount of additives.
The engine is not adapted for A5/B5 oils. And the prevention of wear is due to the HT/HS.

I guess I was looking for real world knowledge, not just from mobile ones website.
If you know what you are looking at when comparing the specs you can choose the appropriate oil for your application. Just putting out a blanket question, no one can answer that. What vehicle, what engine, for what use? Like has been said, marketing: I have a truck/SUV. I must need this.

Real world knowledge is it's not going to make a bit of difference. It claims 10% more detergent additives so you could theorize it could go 11k miles and give the same cleanliness of M1 changed at 10k miles. With that said high mileage oils also usually have more detergent. If I'm going to spend a few $$ more on an M1 product its going to be M1 EP or. M1 EP high mileage if you want extra detergent.

If you know what you are looking at when comparing the specs you can choose the appropriate oil for your application. Just putting out a blanket question, no one can answer that. What vehicle, what engine, for what use? Like has been said, marketing: I have a truck/SUV. I must need this.
2021 Chevrolet Custom 2500HD 4X4 6.6l gas
401hp 468 ftlbs torque with 6 speed transmission silver in color. One guy answered my question by saying “ 10%” for detergent. That’s pretty much the answer, correct? **** y’all make things harder than it has to be. It’s like a pi$$ing contest with some of y’all. Thanks for the help.

Back