Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running this oil? I noticed the website states, "Extra performance additive helps provide exceptional performance under all operating conditions, and additional protection for engines that operate under heavy load or stress, including towing, hauling and other severe service."

What are the extra performance additives they are referring to?

Any UOAs or VOAs of this stuff. I know it's been out for a while, but I don't recall much ever being said about it.
21.gif

Good question, I'm not sure. It's disappointing Mobil started making such ridiculous oils like the "SUV oil" LOL.

I doubt it's extra ZDDP since it's still a GF-4/SM oil. It has me curious...

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: bepperb
Has a much lower pour point than the M1 5w-30. Otherwise looked the same on the spec sheets.

Buster,
Why is it disapointing? XM has targeted the SUV and truck croud. That seems smart to me. Here is the data sheet on suv and truck.

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_Truck_SUV_5W-30.asp

Why do you need a special oil for an SUV? Regular Mobil 1 5w-30 isn't good enough? Marketing.

Originally Posted By: steve20
do they still make this--haven't seen it on the shelves in a while

Yes, I saw a bottle today that got me thinking. It's still listed on their website too.

Originally Posted By: buster
Why do you need a special oil for an SUV? Regular Mobil 1 5w-30 isn't good enough? Marketing.

That is the question. Could M1 T&S be a superior oil?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: bepperb
Has a much lower pour point than the M1 5w-30. Otherwise looked the same on the spec sheets.

Buster,
Why is it disapointing? XM has targeted the SUV and truck croud. That seems smart to me. Here is the data sheet on suv and truck.

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_Truck_SUV_5W-30.asp

If marketing is done in a respectable, above board way I have no problem with it. Advertising is the way companies sell their products.

A while back i inquired about this and if i remember correctly, it was very similar but had extra antioxidients or something. Ill try to find the letter and post a quote.

"Mobil 1 took their standard 5W-30 oil, increased the boron, moly, and antioxidants to handle higher heat, higher load, and called it TSUV. It is not a HM oil."

Originally Posted By: jstutz
"Mobil 1 took their standard 5W-30 oil, increased the boron, moly, and antioxidants to handle higher heat, higher load, and called it TSUV. It is not a HM oil."

Now the question is; do the HM, and EP have even more boron, moly, and antioxidants than the TSUV stuff??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back