Mobil 1 Truck and Suv oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2019 Nissan Frontier (gas not flex fuel) and been using havoline Pro DS 5W30 was just at TS and they have Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil for $14.99 ( for 5 qt 's) or about $2.99 a qt what is the consensus (opinions) on the mobil truck suv oil and going from one brand to another it's only had Havoline Pro Ds but be the same SAE SN+ 5W30 I ask as where i wasa extra mechanic for School Buses the bid fuel tires parts and etc... but never switch brand of oil " due to possible" engine damage

I cleaned out two stores of the same oil a few weeks ago. That weekend they also had an additional 25% off any clearance item so I stocked up for about 11 bucks a jug. Even at 15 bucks a jug that is still a good deal on a quality oil. I have never used this oil before so I cant add any value of how "good it is" but I suspect in your application it will be more than suitable. I also use the ProDs syn 5w30 in my Ford Fusion and really like the packaging and value for 6 qts (Fusion takes 5.8 qts) The Fusion has no complaints using the ProDs and neither do I.

There should be no problem switching oils, only a small amount gets left in the engine anyways, by the second oil change virtually nothing from the Pro DS should be left, pretty much all motor oils are compatible with each other the amount of additives may very but there's only a handful of things that are really in the oil and the base stocks are virtually the same.

When a certain oil changes from SM to SN, it may have little in common additive and base stock with the previous grade. And nothing bad happens. Changing brands is no issue. Blending brands is normally not a problem either, but the risk is greater.

Originally Posted by DIY01
I have a 2019 Nissan Frontier (gas not flex fuel) and been using havoline Pro DS 5W30 was just at TS and they have Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil for $14.99 ( for 5 qt 's) or about $2.99 a qt what is the consensus (opinions) on the mobil truck suv oil and going from one brand to another it's only had Havoline Pro Ds but be the same SAE SN+ 5W30 I ask as where i wasa extra mechanic for School Buses the bid fuel tires parts and etc... but never switch brand of oil " due to possible" engine damage

Isn't this the same truck in your other posts? There it had Mobil 1 all the time up until you were considering the Havoline. Now it has only had Havoline? Which is it?

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...983/re-havoline-ds-synthetic#Post5102983

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...680/re-havoline-ds-synthetic#Post5103680

It says you switched brands there?

Thank You for your Concern about my NEW 2019 Nissan SV ( the dealership where I purchased my Nissan & Toyota's) I know Service manager/and advisors ( friends with salesman) said that the OEM engine fill from Nissan was mobil 1 0w20 I was concern yes about Mobil vs Havoline i felt like Ow20 any brand is not suitable for a engine design in 2004 without any major improvements to the Engine in say about 16 years so Yes i was concern about the weight ( 0w20 vs 5w30 ) and brands but i am not engineer Just have one of the most reliable engine in the marketplace ( Nissan VQ40DE ) and wish to keep it that away yes i did seek that information before but when i seen mobil 1 vs Havoline as when i had my first free oil change i took the Havoline 5w30 to dealership and they used it but know i seen the Mobil 1 about some 30 -50 cents lower than Havoline (5W30) I am no Chemist or engineer Just was look for information to save money and keep my truck in top shape and i though this would have been the place to ask such question

Last edited:
I bought 5 jugs of M1 T&SUV at TSC
4 of the 5w30 will go in BiL's F150 3.5L eB and that's probably a tougher application
Keeping one jug of 0w20 for my GM's

Thank You for your Concern about my NEW 2019 Nissan SV ( the dealership where I purchased my Nissan & Toyota's) I know Service manager/and advisors ( friends with salesman) said that the OEM engine fill from Nissan was mobil 1 0w20 I was concern yes about Mobil vs Havoline i felt like Ow20 any brand is not suitable for a engine design in 2004 without any major improvements to the Engine in say about 16 years so Yes i was concern about the weight ( 0w20 vs 5w30 ) and brands but i am not engineer Just have one of the most reliable engine in the marketplace ( Nissan VQ40DE ) and wish to keep it that away yes i did seek that information before but when i seen mobil 1 vs Havoline as when i had my first free oil change i took the Havoline 5w30 to dealership and they used it but know i seen the Mobil 1 about some 30 -50 cents lower than Havoline (5W30) I am no Chemist or engineer Just was look for information to save money and keep my truck in top shape and i though this would have been the place to ask such question

Sorry, I can't determine which oil your truck has "only had" in it. Rather than brand are you trying to say it has only had one grade and you're thinking of changing that? But then you were worried about changing brands so I still can't figure it out.

I have three vehicle This is my New 2019 Nissan Frontier V6. It Came with Mobil 1 0W20 ( as were told per dealership) i talked to Service manager and my understand is that Nissan sent a TSB to switch from 5W30 to 0W20 and the OEM fill was 0W20. However the data plate under the hood and manual call for 5W30SN. the Dealership seems now to only stock 0W20 I was just concern from switching Brands first free Oil change I took my own oil Havoline ProDs 5W30. just concern with going back forth to Mobil 1 5W30 where the first oil change was to Havoline on this truck I see where many just buy the lowest cost oil and go back and forth between brands. From supertech to Mobil 1 back to Pennzoil platinum or a another Oil . I just seen Mobil 1 on Clearance and could have brought about 3 or 4 OCI of Mobil 1 I just fill Mobil is a good oil But you pay for all the ad's and sponsorship the have. i was just wondering about going from brand to brand. ( not weight )

I have three vehicle This is my New 2019 Nissan Frontier V6. It Came with Mobil 1 0W20 ( as were told per dealership) i talked to Service manager and my understand is that Nissan sent a TSB to switch from 5W30 to 0W20 and the OEM fill was 0W20. However the data plate under the hood and manual call for 5W30SN. the Dealership seems now to only stock 0W20 I was just concern from switching Brands first free Oil change I took my own oil Havoline ProDs 5W30. just concern with going back forth to Mobil 1 5W30 where the first oil change was to Havoline on this truck I see where many just buy the lowest cost oil and go back and forth between brands. From supertech to Mobil 1 back to Pennzoil platinum or a another Oil . I just seen Mobil 1 on Clearance and could have brought about 3 or 4 OCI of Mobil 1 I just fill Mobil is a good oil But you pay for all the ad's and sponsorship the have. i was just wondering about going from brand to brand. ( not weight )

Few people buy the lowest cost oil but many buy the lowest cost oil that meets or carries the approval, specification or license required by the manufacturer. I'm not sure how the whole paying for advertisements and stuff comes in.

No, switching brands of an oil that carries the specification or license your Nissan requires will cause no harmful issues whatsoever. If it did then Nissan would warn or caution you not to use certain brands.

You already switched brands once, so I don't know why you would be concerned about it now. If factory fill was Mobil, then went to havoline, what is different now? I always get perplexed by this question, it's doesn't matter what brand you use as long as you use what's certified and weight. Do you think a vehicle being able to switch brand change would kill the marketplace, and all these different variations of oil by manufacturers. Oil is oil for god sake, doesn't matter what brand. If it has your certs and is proper weight I can not see how anyone would even think that switching brands would cause a lick of damage, if this were the case there would not be as many oils on the shelves.

.. but never switch brand of oil " due to possible" engine damage
Really?

Originally Posted by PimTac
Please use periods. ...

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back