Mobil 1 Triple Action 5w30 EP VOA

Manufacture and distribution rights to base oils and add-packs vary by the manufacturer. Shortages and supply chain woes create change of direction almost daily. That's why VOAs are different week to week. The five quart jug right behind the one I picked out for purchase, might read differently during a VOA. Same with the automobiles we drive. All depends on consistency of parts specs and the hangover levels of the factory workers.

This is the lowest set of add-pack numbers (overall) I've seen in a EP jug of oil. Either Blackstone read it wrong, or this jug has a so much natural gas in that jug, that everyone needs to stand back from the vehicle that's its in. The next time this vehicle gets started, the driver may smell more gas than what his dog has ever released (smell-wise) in it's lifetime.

Last edited:
Manufacture and distribution rights to base oils and add-packs vary by the manufacturer. Shortages and supply chain woes create change of direction almost daily. That's why VOAs are different week to week. The five quart jug right behind the one I picked out for purchase, might read differently during a VOA. Same with the automobiles we drive. All depends on consistency of parts specs and the hangover levels of the factory workers.

This is the lowest set of add-pack numbers (overall) I've seen in a EP jug of oil. Either Blackstone read it wrong, or this jug has a so much natural gas in that jug, that everyone needs to stand back from the vehicle that's its in. The next time this vehicle gets started, the driver may smell more gas than what his dog has ever released (smell-wise) in it's lifetime.
I think this is likely pretty accurate. Levels may be off a bit, but this is what the current M1 EP formulation looks like. They're going in a completely opposite direction in terms of metallic additives and high SA levels. Mostly because this is what OEMs want/require now. They mentioned how the current Triple Action was born out of the Redbull Racing program which is often the case. That development makes its way to the consumer product over time.

If you read what they've said about the F1 oil, they used unconventional sources for this formulation that came from the cosmetics industry.

Back