Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 updated datasheet and webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Just noticed that the Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 website and datasheet has been updated to CK-4. Mobil really didn't change anything on the description on the datasheet, just updated to include the CK-4 spec.
I was wondering if the description would really change when they went to CK-4, like the Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 did.
The Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 datasheet description, when it was CJ-4, was similar wording to the TDT. Then, it was updated for the CK-4, and the datasheet was really changed.

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-turbo-diesel-truck

I wonder if this brand is now acceptable for the FCA Ecodiesel engines.

Those engines have a very short list. One more competitor would be quite welcome.

Originally Posted By: macarose
I wonder if this brand is now acceptable for the FCA Ecodiesel engines.

It's now rated E9 along with E7 so I'd say yes.

Originally Posted By: edhackett
I don't see FCA MS-10902 on the extensive list of manufacture's approvals that TDT carries.

Ed

MS-10902 = CES-20081 = CJ-4

CES-20081 was superseded by CES-20086 which ='s CK-4

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
I don't see FCA MS-10902 on the extensive list of manufacture's approvals that TDT carries.

Ed

CES-20081 does not equal CJ-4. Cummins has much higher requirements for bore protection and corrosion. It is also higher for soot and wear.

https://online.lubrizol.com/relperftool/hd.html

I find it odd that TDT does not carry a single manufacturer's certification for the engines in its target market. No Cummins, Ford, GM, or FCA. Why would anybody use this oil when oils that carry the manufacturer's certifications are readily available?

Ed

Thanks for the Lubrizol link. It seemed like a very usful tool until I read their disclaimer at the bottom. But I get your point and see what you were saying.

I still feel comfotable going with Cummins Inc.'s own data:

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch

Ed

CES-20081 does not equal CJ-4. Cummins has much higher requirements for bore protection and corrosion. It is also higher for soot and wear.

https://online.lubrizol.com/relperftool/hd.html

I find it odd that TDT does not carry a single manufacturer's certification for the engines in its target market. No Cummins, Ford, GM, or FCA. Why would anybody use this oil when oils that carry the manufacturer's certifications are readily available?

Ed

I ran it in my Cummins a few years when I bought eighteen gallons of it on clearance at AutoZone for $12.99 a gallon when it was CJ-4. UOA came back good taking it 6500 miles while the emissions were intact. I would not hesitate to buy it again if i found a deal like that again. I would consider it somewhat similar to Mobil Delvac 1 although the Mobil Delvac 1 would be my first choice if I had to pick between them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back