Mobil 1 TDT 5w-40 2006 Crown Vic Police 4.6 3,627 mi

Nothing special. I absolutely beat on this engine, regularly redline even cold. Engine/trans are original. Just wanted to throw some info out there and get thoughts. Driver bank has exhaust manifold leak that I suspect is the reason for the fuel with it being winter. Pretty good overall IMO.
IMG_20210217_172001~2.jpg

I like TDT more than I thought I would, was using it in a VW Tiguan but that one is gone now.

TBN looks great despite the fuel, you are getting a good bit I've never seen a viscosity that low for TDT.

TDT is nice oil. My favorite for a 2006 VW Jetta TDI. I gave that car to my son with 300,000 mi on it. Still going. Wondering why the OP had to add 2 quarts during this oil cycle versus zero on the prior oil analysis reports.

Generally the 4.6L engines are pretty darn easy on oil. Your wear numbers are higher than I'd expect, especially for such a short OCI run. Is this engine modified for performance or otherwise run really, really hard? And where's the fuel coming from? That's not normal either; it's not bad, but it's not in-line with what I'd want to see.

For reference, here's a few of my 4.6L UOAs
As you can see, both these engines were averaging less than 1ppm/1k miles for Fe, both the dino and syn examples, and that was after running 10k mile OFCIs. Your Fe wear rates are way higher; like 5x higher than mine.

Last edited:
Back