Mobil 1 T & SUV GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me who couldn't have seen this coming? I mean really, a company makes a product available under a slightly different name than the same product in another package and sells it for 2/3 the price, why do you think they would do that? Why to gain market share of course. And knowing how the public tends to want to be brand loyal in this area, of course once the target share is achieved the porduct will be pulled or price raised. The interesting thing will be to see how much the replacement label will be sold for.

some say yes , some say no, either way the difference isn't that great to make a $10 difference in retail price between a gal of the more expensive label vrs 5 qts of the less expensive.
I recall looking at the VOA's and thought they were too close to call, and as we know from the GC experience, you can't really tell if they are the same or not just from regular OA, only what the add pack might be.

I stand corrected, it is there, just tough to find on the site. All but impossible to find on the shelves though, Mobil said it would be back in force after the new year, well.....

Just bought 11 qts (all they had on the shelf) at Wal-Mart for $3.74 each .. Another Wal-Mart about 40 miles away was selling them for $5.36 (didn't buy those ...
rolleyes.gif
)

smile.gif

"Delvac 1 and T&SUV were never the same."

They come out of the same plant, using the same blending process, same basestock, with the same additives and blend stocks.

Any differences in in VOAs are either measuring errors are sample-to-sample variations.

Quote:

They come out of the same plant, using the same blending process, same basestock, with the same additives and blend stocks.

Any differences in in VOAs are either measuring errors are sample-to-sample variations.

The add-pack is noticeably different. It's very easy to alter the faucets on these additives where they bottle it. It's computerized & takes no time at all.

I suspect they even alter the faucets when making the Wal*Mart runs. I wonder if we are getting that fifth quart add-pack free in those big jugs. Again, I suspect they turn those add-pack faucets 10-20% towards the off position when the big jugs start rolling down the bottling line.

I've seen a few Wal*Mart oil UOAs here that are always "add-pack lower" than other UOAs here of the same oil/viscosity. It sure makes me curious/suspect!

My money says wait 'til they bring Mobil 1 ESP to the US market...what to use til then? Why GC , of course.

1 quart in a 5 quart jug, huh? Hm...can you fill the rest with Pure One filters?

Actually, I just found and bought 10 quarts worth at a local WallyWorld.
grin.gif
Pscholte, what's the story on M1 ESP? (Using the second sight, it determines the proper viscosity for all operating conditions in real-time. Secretly developed by the US Government during their remote-viewing experiments. That's my guess.)

Triple Seven--so far I've never seen the Exxon/Mobil version of SuperTech in a UOA or VOA on this site. There's a WPP Supertech VOA on this site now and there have been several WPP Supertech UOA's but IIRC I have yet to see a UOA or VOA of the Exxon/Mobil version of WalMart Supertech sold here in the Northeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back