Mobil 1 T&SUV (Delvac 1) *CANT FIND! AAAAHH!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did also notice last evening when checking out the inventory at the larger Wal-Mart in my area, that they also carry 1 gallon jugs of Shell Rotella synthetic 5w-40 for $14.58.

I found many 1gallon jugs of actual MOBIL DELVAC 1 5W40 at a Truck stop ... not TSUV.

However there was no price on them gwahahaah
smile.gif

I had to add some oil to the truck today and finished up a jug of TSUV... it wasn't enough and I wasn't going to crack open the last 5 qrt jug (I splurged and bought two last time
grin.gif
) of it to top off. I had some M1 10w30 so in it went! 1100 until the next change and the last one is used!

I found some old 5w-40 t&SUV at the auburn al wal mart for $3.50/qt.

Seriously, you might want to consider changing over to the amsoil euro oil if it remains (which it has for me since Katrina) so hard to find.

At least you can get the amsoil, and would be helping the site (while also maybe getting a bit of a discount at the amounts that you buy). Its darn good oil and any price premium over the M1 product will likely balance out to the fuel youre wasting going about to find the M1 product.

JMH

Monument Car Parts in Tracy, CA has 700+ quarts of the new Truck Turbo Diesel 5w-40.
worshippy.gif
Takes about a day to get it delivered to your local store (if you're lucky enough to have a Monument).

why not find your local Mobil wholesale distributor and buy from there ?
It's the only way I can buy Delvac 1, and I can get it in any quantity from 5 litres to 205 litres, and at a cheaper price than Mobil 1 at any department store or car parts store. My nearest distributor (120km away) has a small retail counter (as do the other oil/fuel distributors) and I just pay their over the counter price.

I just checked Pep Boys and Advance Auto parts and there is no 5/40 on the shelves.I`m 1 quart short for this weeks oil change.Looks like quart #6 will be 0/40.I am going to try the Mobil distributer here in California and see what happens.

So has it been established that the new "turbo Diesel Truck" is the same as older "T&SUV"? I have about 5 changes worth of SL rated T&SUV. Just wondering if I should switch my beater to something cheaper and save the T&SUV for my baby.

Somebody on Saabnet posted that they saw the Turbo Diesel Truck, and that it carries the SL rating. This is great news as it's a popular choice for the 4 cylinder turbo 9-5. I suppose somebody will have to send in a VOA just to verify, but I expect that it's the same old stuff.

jeff

quote:

Originally posted by tdi-rick:
"...I can get it in any quantity from 5 litres to 205 litres, and at a cheaper price than Mobil 1 at any department store or car parts store."

As a percentage of a retail establishment's price, how does the distributor's price compare?

When I bought Delvac 1 last December from my local distributor it was something like $98+tax for 4 gallons of the newest CI-4+ stuff. Not exactly the $19.98/5 quart T&SUV jug, but those weren't around anymore and the local Checkers wanted $5.99/quart for their last remaining row of T&SUV.

So compared to that available price I didn't feel it was too much.

The reason most of us have problems finding the "good stuff", like M1 T&SUV, GC, etc., is because of the hoarders. PLEASE, JUST BUY WHAT YOU NEED, LEAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motor oil is a commodity, for cryin' out loud. I often wonder why some people always feel compelled to blame their frustration on others.

quote:

Originally posted by Pick:
The reason most of us have problems finding the "good stuff", like M1 T&SUV, GC, etc., is because of the hoarders. PLEASE, JUST BUY WHAT YOU NEED, LEAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it is because the product was discontinued.

Products tend to disappear from the market because the public does not buy enough, not because the public buys too much. I suppose you think the reason why you can no longer buy an Oldsmobile is that too many people hoarded them.

Could somebody that found M1 Turbodiesel 5w40 in the 5-quart jug please post the bar code number (for cash register scanning - I just can't think of the right word)?

I gave a printout of the M1 product web page to a Walmart employee for the purposes of ordering. Though I'd been previously (when I was unclear on the discontinuation of T&SUV 5w40, but suspected it) been told there to tell to order it, they were rather unclear on the concept of ordering something just because a customer wants it (and knows that what they carry - the new 5w30 - is pointless).
he did, however, want to check other stores around (which I'd already done) and said that that was near impossible with the code number.

So I assume that the number would also aid in actual ordering (and actually getting 5-qts rather than 1-qt).

Thanks. I'm running my VW TDI on Rotella Syn T right now, but I'd rather not. 5 more weeks until the next change is due.

Found it yesterday In California. Autozone has it in their computer.You just need to ask them to order it for you.My Autozone had 10 one quart bottles on the shelf and they didn`t even know what it was.$ 5.99 per quart and no 5 quart jugs.

Just switch brands. There are many great oils out there, that match if not surpass the oil brand you desire.
canada.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back