Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvette with 8-speed auto has 6K miles on it, so I was thinking it might be a good idea to do a "flush" (not pressurized, just get the old out and put new in). I know there have been lots of problems with the 8L90 in these Vettes, but supposedly GM has it under control now with the new formulation of low viscosity ATF. Mine is a 2019, so it should have the new formulation already in it. Couple questions for this group. (1) Assuming I have the new formulation, should I just let it be and not change yet; if so, when would be a good time to change. (2) Are there any other LV options out there suitable for this application? (3) Is the Dexron HP (factory fill and replacement from GM) the same as the Mobil 1?

https://www.thelubricantstore.com/m...UwKSY4gIVkUgNCh3CcQvVEAQYASABEgIPGfD_BwE

Thanks in advance for the insights!

Unless you are tracking it or really racing then i would leave it till at least 10k to fully break in.

Maxlife, castrol, etc... synthetic trans fluid will be fine as well. I buy based on price for them.

Thats the right one, the blue label created specifically for the shudder/TC problem per TSB. I would change it now. Then change it again in 20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back