Mobil 1 Synthetic for 2020 F150 2.7 Ecoboost???

Wonder were the LoneRanger is; He bought one of those beasts about a year ago; He may have some advice.

I'm sure M1 or Castrol would do fine. New oils are designed to run on over-stressed 1.4- 1.6L Turbo 4 cyl in 3500 lb cars.
So your light aluminum body truck has the equivalent of two of those hamster motors, but with the very beneficial v-configuration 6 cylinder firing order that doesn't fire a flat plane crank layout with all pistons "locked up". Makes for smoother operation and easier burn.

Do we have anybody reporting over 200k on this 2.7 ecoboost with the original turbos and timing chains yet ?
Yes. They are out there for sure.

We had a guy on the F150 forum with 400k miles on his 2011 3.5 EB. The only thing he had to replace was the throttle body.

Last edited:
Do we have anybody reporting over 200k on this 2.7 ecoboost with the original turbos and timing chains yet ?

I recently purchased a new 2020 F150 2.7 Ecoboost. With the direct injection, twin turbos, and the low speed carbon issue, I am surely concerned about the oil bransd and quality that I use.

Last spring, I purchased a bunch (30 quarts) of Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w30 (NOT extended formula) at Sam's club on sale (for my wife's 2014 Maxima). It has the SN PLUS banner on the back. However, there is no indication regarding TGDI engines.

So, is it ok to use this oil, or do I NOT use it, as there is better quality oil on the market.....for $45K, I certainly intend to keep this truck for a long time, so I want to make sure I am using the correct stuff...thanks in advance for any expert advice.....
Not expert advice but I believe the 2.7 EB is a solid engine and so is the Mobil 1 5w30. Just don't second guess your choices, I think you did well.

I run the same exact oil in mine from Sam's on clearance, mine is a 2019 2.7 and it does perfectly fine with it, runs just as smooth as it did with amsoil. Run 5k and change and you'll be fine, I also add lubegard as well

Back