mobil 1 synthetic 75/90 vs valvoline synthetic 75/90

tried searching for current voa's on these 2 but didnt find much. which brand is the better one? im a valvoline user & found it on sale but they are out of stock, the store offered the mobil 1 at the same sale price. mobil 1 is quite a bit more expensive & i assume its the "better" brand... just curious what others think or if anyone has any current voa's to comapre.

I use to own an 07' WRX I purchased new. All I ever used in the tiny rear differential in that car was Synpower 75W90. It was a stick car which means it was subjected to plenty of drive line shock. I did a stage 2 tune which turned it into a 13.7 second car in the 1/4 mile. That car went well over 100K on the fluid with no issues.

I use to own an 07' WRX I purchased new. All I ever used in the tiny rear differential in that car was Synpower 75W90. It was a stick car which means it was subjected to plenty of drive line shock. I did a stage 2 tune which turned it into a 13.7 second car in the 1/4 mile. That car went well over 100K on the fluid with no issues.
What does the company you work for use in their semis?

I use M1 in my wife's Outback and in my E350. I've used Valvoline gear oil in cars for family, who are a little cheap on their car maintenance. Both work.

My opinion is that either will work very well. Any differences in performance would take 100's of thousands of miles to detect. Mobil 1 is "better" mostly due to the advertising $$ spent to promote it.

Valvoline PSD

Mobil 1 PDS

thanks for the input, i know its mostly opinion based & both are great products that will work fine. i was more curious if anyone knew for example if mobil1 has more anti wear additives vs the valvoline. mobil1 is usually $14/qt at this store & valvoline is $10, on sale for 7.99. i will probably just get the mobil1.

If you don't need the limited slip additive of the Mobil-1 or Valvoline then Mobil sells their Delvac-1 75W-90 gear oil which is simply fantastic stuff. It's $10,99 per quart from Summit Racing if you have any desire to mail order it.

uh, a VOA would show what additives each one has, just for a general comparison, you know, like the "VOA" subsection on here does? most members here dont just flip a coin...
And you're capable of divining which one is better based on that VOA? That one with x-ppm of Y is better because it has 10 ppm more, but the other has x-ppm of C, but not the other?

If you don't need the limited slip additive of the Mobil-1 or Valvoline then Mobil sells their Delvac-1 75W-90 gear oil which is simply fantastic stuff. It's $10,99 per quart from Summit Racing if you have any desire to mail order it.
I have bought Delvac 1 there by the gallon (even cheaper) and have used it for years in G80’s … but ordered other stuff to get free shipping. HD OTR oil that’s popular with the Porsche track guys …

tried searching for current voa's on these 2 but didnt find much. which brand is the better one? im a valvoline user & found it on sale but they are out of stock, the store offered the mobil 1 at the same sale price. mobil 1 is quite a bit more expensive & i assume its the "better" brand... just curious what others think or if anyone has any current voa's to comapre.
Mobil 1 gear oil tends to be more expensive in 75w140 … very close in the 90.
somebody posted where 140 had a slug of PAO and the 90 did not …

Here are some of the specs on the Motomaster 75w90 in my 14 bolt Chevy with 210,000 miles.

0187B60F-200D-4595-A271-D1035BD344E8.png

And you're capable of divining which one is better based on that VOA? That one with x-ppm of Y is better because it has 10 ppm more, but the other has x-ppm of C, but not the other?

again, just for general comparison of the 2... you know, like how the VOA section here has hundreds of voa's posted for members to be capable of divining which oil is better?? :unsure:

Back