Mobil 1 SUV & Truck Formula!!! 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
buster,
just a problem that I've been having with my new Nissan (there's a thread on the diesels board).

Nissan will not warrant the engine if I use any oil rated higher than CF-4 (some lame argument about detergents and dispersents being reduced in later classifications).

I'm stuck with Group 1 and 2 basestocks if I want a proper diesel engine oil, which I'm not happy with the turbo.

If I want a higher level basestock, I need to use a PCMO rated CF, which appears to defeat Nissan's argument anyway.

So leave Delvac 1 for the diesels, and the SUV formula for us Aussie 4WDers with turbodiesels (even if it is only relabelled Delvac 1)

The Toureg engines require an oil meeting the new VW 505.01 specification and not SL or even VW 502/505.

This new Mobil 1, 5w-40 will not be formulated to meet the VW 505.01 spec ....There are only two oils available in North America that meet VW 505.01 at this time, the Castrol product at VW dealers and the Motul 6100, 5w-40.

If you have questions about oils for all the newer VW/Audi engines, please give me a call ....

Tooslick
Dixie Synthetics

Too Slck,
Please don't take this the wrong way, not intended to be a slam, but an honest question.
How do you know that the new Mobil 1 5W40 will not be formulated to meet certain specs, when it is not even out yet?

Good Day,
Steven

The new VW 505.01 and API, CI-4 specifications are mutually incompatable ...This mainly has to do with the respective levels of suphated ash in each of the formulations, as well as the low levels of ZDDP to maximize cat con life in the VW 505.01 spec. Don't forget, VW/Audi also spec this oil for many of their newer gas engines!

The M1, 5w-40 will be an SL/CI-4 rated oil for gas and diesel engine passenger cars and light duty pickups - mark my words.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back