Mobil 1 SUV is Delvac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
Could this be THE BEST "Wal Mart" oil? Seems to me that Delvac 1 will outperform most other off-the-shelf oils at Wal-mart. If this is going to be a commonly stocked item, I may consider using it.

I'd say it is.. with some stiff competition from the GC 0w30.

But what about no moly? I really believe that is the good stuff. Does the extra ZDDP over come the moly short fall???

Does anyone know the CCS and MRV specs for GC 0w30? Patman?
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
Does anyone know the CCS and MRV specs for GC 0w30? Patman?
tongue.gif

These are the only specs we've gotten from Castrol Germany:

Color: Green
Pour Point: -61*C
Flash Point: 238*C
Viscosity @ 40*C: 68.5
Viscosity @ 100*C: 12.1
Viscosity @ 150*C: 5.7
HTHS: 3.6
Cold Cranking Vis @ -30*C: 3200
TBN: 10.6
VI: 179

GC is a nice built oil. I like the specs. of this oil. Guy's you don't need Moly. It's been discussed over and over again. It's a great friction modifier and AW additive but there are others as well. GC, Amsoil and D1 are all examples of oils that don't have it and don't need it.
smile.gif

i was at the mountain view, CA walmart today, and saw two cases of mobil 1 suv oil on the top shelves. it looks like they just got it in and has no shelve spaces for it yet. this walmart has no lub center, and their oil prices are higher than the walmart with lub center. the price for the regular mobil 1 synthetic oil at this walmart is 4.88, and for the suv mobil1 is 4.77(on the box); 2.00 dollars for pennzoil 5-20. these same oils at a walmart with lub center are 4.00 dollars for the regular mobil1, and $1.44 for the pennzoil 5-20.

[ March 30, 2004, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: CLguy ]

The Checker Auto Parts in Henderson Nevada now has Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oil for $4.99 per quart. It should just be a matter of time before all Checker Auto Parts sell this oil.

[ April 02, 2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

Just picked up a case of Mobil 1 Truck & SUV from Checkers for $3.99 a quart. Good deal considering been using the Amsoil 0-30 for $7.25 a quart. Will try it next oil change.

M1 SUV just got put on the shelves in Racine Walmart. Wasn't on the shelf 5 minutes before I snagged a few quarts.

Also, the orange wall of doom is shrinking. the SuperTech section for filtters is growing larger

---quote---
This stuff will easily go 10K! I'm using it for a 10K OCI and it still looks brand new (honey color) after 4000 miles!
---end quote---

Without saying anything negative about D1, I'd have to say that the actual blackness of your oil has a lot to do with how much stuff it's putting in suspension... it doesn't mean the oil itself is in good or bad shape. In fact, I'm sure many members here have pulled out completely black oil that turned in good UOAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back