mobil 1 suv and truck oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, today i got someone at mobil tech. support that talked to me freely about their oil....nate said the new mobil 1 truck & suv oil is not the exact same oil as delvac 1 but meets the same specs....they packaged it to meet the publics needs and easier to fine.....
nate also said that mobil uses NO moly in their oils but use boron instead...

No moly? What has that guy been smoking? Delvac 1 and the Mobil 1 SUV oil don't have moly, but the other grades of Mobil 1 sure do.
rolleyes.gif

It sounds like the Mobil tech was speaking of the Delvac and SUV oil using boron instead of moly in the formulation .

I wish that Truck n SUV oil was a 30wt with a vi @ 40c around 60 . I'd add some moly to it and see how it goes
gr_stretch.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
It sounds like the Mobil tech was speaking of the Delvac and SUV oil using boron instead of moly in the formulation .

I wish that Truck n SUV oil was a 30wt with a vi @ 40c around 60 . I'd add some moly to it and see how it goes
gr_stretch.gif
grin.gif

Notice that SUV/Delvac, Amsoil, and Chevron Delo seem to want to avoid Moly by design.
dunno.gif

I also notice all show Magnesium, probably as dispersant for longer drains/diesel soot. Maybe a conflict with Moly or other factors.

i called again today and asked about the new suv and truck oil and i was told the same thing that it meets the same specs. as the delvac 1 but is not the same oil....this time i asked does that mean the delvac 1 will be improved in the next several months..he said yes they are looking into that now...lastly, i asked does mobil 1 use any moly in any of their oils he said nooooo.

Mobil tech support seems clueless. You get a different answer every time you ask which makes me think they are making up BS on the spot.

I thought all Mobil 1's SS formulas had a nice dose of Moly. (except for Delvac 1)

The VOA on M1 Truck and SUV sure looks like Delvac 1 to me.

I hope so because I just bought some for my diesel tractor.

Seems like the Tech is shooting straight to me. You didn't ask the right question. He did not understand you were asking about Mobil 1 with Super Syn formula. Obviously we know it's contents, including Moly.

It may not well be "exactly" the same. Would you know if some higher quality dispersants were somewhat minimized anyway in your gasoline engine?

I'd bet there are variations for a different market.

If anyone, at any time gets any correct and useful information from a petrochemical tech line, please let me know. To my knowledge, it has never happened in the history of telephony.

Just thinking of calling one of these lines is a fool's errand. At least with scratch-off lottery tickets and slot machines, they occasionally pay out.

But calling an oil help line? A 100% complete waste of time, every time.
tongue.gif

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back