Mobil 1 Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to try this, but not at over $20 a quart. To think we thought Royal Purple had out priced itself at $15 a quart. Our application requires light weight oils channged every race weekend.

They won't sell any of this stuff at those prices. Shipping is included though in the price.

Still $119 for 6 quarts. Looks like Red Line's offering is the best value these days for a true light weight racing oil.

0w-40 is $6.87 a quart-----works fine in my truck and is the factory recommended oil by chrysler....
Royal purple 5W-30 is $8.68 a quart ....Where the heck is the royal purple at $15.00 a quart...[censored]
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Not the rp street oil. The xrp, which used to be racing 11, 21, etc. is the $15+ a quart stuff.

Amsoil racing oil, with a PC account, might be a cheaper option...and is an excellent quality oil.

For some applications, mabey. Mine is a naturally aspirated, heads up drag application where thin oils with frequent changes are the norm. Amsoil is only available in a heavy 20wt that is very close to a 30wt. Many guys run 10wt stuff. Red Line, JGR, and RP are what is most often used.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Amsoil racing oil, with a PC account, might be a cheaper option...and is an excellent quality oil.

+1 It never hurts to crunch the numbers. At these kinds of prices Amsoil my actually be the cheapest.

Why are you buying it in quarts? At your rate of consumption you should buy it by the barrel. We get Redline 30WT and 10WT race oil delivered buy the drum for less than $9/quart. Oh yeah, there is no preheating required or recommended for Redline.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Why are you buying it in quarts? At your rate of consumption you should buy it by the barrel. We get Redline 30WT and 10WT race oil delivered buy the drum for less than $9/quart. Oh yeah, there is no preheating required or recommended for Redline.

Currently using Redline 20wt and 10wt in gallon containers. Not towing, so I'm not preheating. Thought you were a Lucas guy?

I run Redline because it gives me the most horsepower on the dyno and that is the only reason. I have lost to racers running Lucas so that is why I said Lucas is not a bad oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back