Mobil 1 Racing 4t or Valvoline 10w40 Motorcycle oi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondering on how these two compare I know mobil 1 racing is the synthetic but it's 10 bucks a quart vs valvoline being around 4 bucks. What's your thoughts?

Personally I would just skip both and go with motul 300v. And yes I have used both the Mobil and valvoline bike oils and the motul 300v is the ONLY oil to give my r6 smoother shifting, quieter engine, runs a bit cooler, and even better gas mileage.
I recently went to Laconia running said motul and so glad I did and witnessed all benefits. I believe you do get what you pay for at least regarding motorcycle oil.

If you're racing you want the oil with the least amount of drag to free up the most
ponies... synthetics flow freer than dino because synthetics sport uniform molecules and
that extra step process is why Mobil 1 cost more to produce...

Last edited:
But if you are not racing and not doing extended OCI's then why bother with what creates the least drag on HP? Then I would just use what my motor likes best in a UOA.

For instance Dino Valvoline VR1 in a Twin Cam Harley made for a better UOA than Syn 3.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Mobil MX4T is likely ester based- is it the same as "Racing"?
The Valv's is more than likely mineral.

It's no longer named Mobil 1 MX4T, it's Mobil 1 Racing 4T. No ester in it. It is a Group III+/IV/V blend: Mobil's proprietary VISOM (III+), PAO (IV), and Alkylated Naphthalene (V). The AN is the additive solubility agent. The blend ratios of course are not known.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
For instance Dino Valvoline VR1 in a Twin Cam Harley made for a better UOA than Syn 3.

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

SYN 3 = genuine overrated and expensive.
What an appalling waste of money.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
But if you are not racing and not doing extended OCI's then why bother with what creates the least drag on HP?

If you're like me and I pay to God you're not... you ain't happy with loosing HP to oil
drag... so its no bother to run synthetics namely 0-30... just think of the bother and the
expense riders go to gain 3 to 4 HP by installing an after market exhaust systems with the
corresponding Dyno runs and the remapping of the fuel in the ECU... comparative speaking
switching to a freer flowing oil is relative cheap and easy HP...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Originally Posted By: jrustles
Mobil MX4T is likely ester based- is it the same as "Racing"?
The Valv's is more than likely mineral.

It's no longer named Mobil 1 MX4T, it's Mobil 1 Racing 4T. No ester in it. It is a Group III+/IV/V blend: Mobil's proprietary VISOM (III+), PAO (IV), and Alkylated Naphthalene (V). The AN is the additive solubility agent. The blend ratios of course are not known.

Thanks for the headsup! Suddenly less interested in it now. That's what happens when you try to give Mobil some credit.. Totally my fault.
lol.gif

If you do some research you will find Valvoline 4 Stroke CONVENTIONAL motorcycle oil beats or better said is in the middle of the pack when it comes to engine wear, when compared against 8 or 10 synthetic motoroils in Amsoils own motorcycle oil test reports.

Amsoil and Mobile one have a better wear number, yet Valvoline Conventional is better then or the same as all the other synthetics in the test. So its a no brainer, go with the $4.00 oil and change it on time or in half the time and you will be doing even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back