Mobil 1 R Pretty Impressed So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the new Mobil 1R in my Mercedes AMG C43 now for about 500 miles and I must say it certainly has made the engine ( 4.3L, V8) run and idle smooth. As smooth as the GC that I was running before, with less valve train noise.

I will look forward to the UOA coming in the next 2,500 miles.

Jeff

Jeff, isn't your M-B supposed to have an ACEA A3 229.3/5 oil...aka M-1 0-40...?

This oil is suposed to reduce friction greatly and increase HP. It might end up being more ester bases. The PDS should be out any day now.
rolleyes.gif

Waht ever happened to the VOA on this oil?

Thought someone set it out a week or two ago?

quote:

Originally posted by speedybenz:
As smooth as the GC that I was running before, with less valve train noise.
Jeff

I'll pretend like you didn't really say that...OK, OK, I hope you have great success with the pirate juice...you know...RRRRRRRRRRRRR.
grin.gif

pscholte,

The prodigal sons returns! You know that although there is an animal style In-n-Out burger waiting for you, we now have Chik-Fil-A in SoCal.

I'm not so sure it's good eatin' but in a pinch it'll do.

You can come back but bring your SPF 30 with you! **** miserable winter we're having!
grin.gif
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
pscholte,

The prodigal sons returns! You know that although there is an animal style In-n-Out burger waiting for you, we now have Chik-Fil-A in SoCal.

I'm not so sure it's good eatin' but in a pinch it'll do.

You can come back but bring your SPF 30 with you! **** miserable winter we're having!
grin.gif
cool.gif

Flb, Flb,

Must I endure a switch from the elixir of luminous green to pirate juice AND the mention of Chik-Fil-A in the same sentence with IN-N-Out Burger in the same thread!!! Oh the agony.

PS I should get to visit the hallowed ground of sunny LA twice in March!
cool.gif

Dr. T,

Yes the spec you mentioned is the MB spec. But I hate to follow the rules. I was running M1 5-30wt and getting pretty good Lab results, then went to GC and had better UOA results.

So now on to the next best and greatest oil, M1R. So I get some miles on the car and see how it performs.

Jeff

quote:

Originally posted by speedybenz:
Dr. T,

Yes the spec you mentioned is the MB spec. But I hate to follow the rules. I was running M1 5-30wt and getting pretty good Lab results, then went to GC and had better UOA results.

So now on to the next best and greatest oil, M1R. So I get some miles on the car and see how it performs.Jeff

Jeff,

Are you going to drive around with patch over one eye...you know, since you are using RRRRRRRRRRRRRR?
grin.gif

I don't think running M1R is necessary in most cars. Unless your racing or drive extremely hard, the regular M1 seems to be doing fine. I've seen some threads where wear is already so low with a regular dino oil or Mobil 1 that spending the extra $$ is not worth it. Examples would be Subarus and Toyotas. They just don't need that kind of highly additized oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back