Mobil 1 Products...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoDuke26 reported:
"I can always go back to the PP if i want. plus i can get Mobil 1 for like 1.28 a qt. that is a big reason i suppose!"

Where on earth are you getting Mobil 1 for $1.28/qt? I paid that for some discontinued M1 0w-40 at a Super Kmart a couple of weeks ago, but none of the other SuperKmarts had it!! Bought all 8 quarts they had to go with my geometrically-increasing stash!

quote:

Where on earth are you getting Mobil 1 for $1.28/qt? I paid that for some discontinued M1 0w-40 at a Super Kmart a couple of weeks ago, but none of the other SuperKmarts had it!! Bought all 8 quarts they had to go with my geometrically-increasing stash!

i have connections
wink.gif

actually, a buddy of mine owns his own shop and gets oil ridiculously cheap. recently he got an awesome deal on Mobil 1 products through his supplier. He features Mobil products so i guess his Mobil supplier (which is different from his other oil supplier) gives him a steal of a deal.

needless to say, whatever bada$$ deal he gets on oil...i get the same deal from him...
grin.gif

my stash is multipling rapidly now!
cool.gif

-Bo
patriot.gif

Hey Bo -

I used PP on my last OC as the breakaway from a steady diet of GM dino and I really liked it !!!
smile.gif

Very quiet, tight running GMC engine with the PP.

I am trying the M1 EP right now to compare and I just may go back to the PP.
cheers.gif

quote:

Hey Bo -

I used PP on my last OC as the breakaway from a steady diet of GM dino and I really liked it !!!

Very quiet, tight running GMC engine with the PP.

I am trying the M1 EP right now to compare and I just may go back to the PP.

right on tpitcher! looks like we are in the same boat! yeah i had a big improvement over the MC ("Ford dino")! how long are you gonna run the M1 EP? You will have to keep me posted on your observations. thanks for the input!
cheers.gif

-Bo
patriot.gif

Yo Bo!
cheers.gif

Going to run the M1 EP about 7500, would have a hard time sleeping any longer than that...
wink.gif

I ran the PP about 5000, way more than my normal 3-3.5k changes, but it ran so darn good with the PP in there, I didn't wannna take 'er out !!
grin.gif

To be a bit more specific, the PP took away a tappet type noise when the engine was cold, driving downhill shifting from 2nd - 3rd gear.

The tranny would hold the gear a little long and "Empty Rev" the engine before shifting.

Same route out of work with the PP it was gone immediately and never came back!

No more dino...
nono.gif

I don't hear it with the M1 EP either, but paying strong attention to the feel & sound of the engine, it "sounds the best" with the PP.

Do you know what I mean...?

I'm in engineering and pay attention to stuff like that - and the PP sounds the best to me...

cheers.gif

quote:

I don't hear it with the M1 EP either, but paying strong attention to the feel & sound of the engine, it "sounds the best" with the PP.

Do you know what I mean...?

is the M1 louder? from what i have heard this is normal. i am curious to see if and how much the "noise level" of my engine increases when i switch the the M1. i guess this is due to M1 being slightly on the thin side of the visc range??
dunno.gif

anyways, yes the PP is very quiet and smooth!
grin.gif
i am very very impressed so far.

being that i am still under warranty im not able to do the 7500mi OCI. but thats ok. i am one of those tradiontal 3k guys. going much more seems very naughty
shocked.gif
... but i may venture into the 5k region, i need to check the details of my warranty.

i also found that the PP made my truck idle better, and it was smoother on start up. i tried Valv. Maxlife right before the PP and it through my truck out of wack idling wierd and stuff. i dont know what was up! needless to say the PP seems to be outperforming the MC ive been using since new... and that 1500miles of **** i went thru with the Maxlife
mad.gif

nono.gif
no maxlife for my truck, it did not like it!

anyways, good luck w/ the M1 run.
cheers.gif

-Bo

oyeah... what vehicle/engine do you have?

Bo -

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 5.3L, 4x4, haul a 3k lb boat quite a bit and haul a lot of oak too.

A lot of below zero driving up north to the canadian border ice fishing, etc., so she sees a workout...

Good luck Bud, we'll keep in contact !

people on here seem to have different experiences w/ it in relation to "noisier" engines. i dont think there is anything wrong w/ tryin it out for myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back