Mobil 1 Oil Change Bargain at Walmart for 30.00$!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised when i was visiting Delaware...this includes filter, chasis lub, top off for everything else...hahah and car vacuuming *lol*

All I did was supply the Delco filter...some people say good things about the thier Tech line filter perhaps I am just un ultra-conservative maintence mode here.

So for 30.00$ a Mobil 1 SuperSyn oil change is quite a bargain over lets say buying it yourself and supplying to the dealer for the non DIY'ers.

You can get any synthetic oil they carry for $30.
They will also install any brand filter they stock, charging extra only the price difference compared to their brand or Fram.....depending on that particular WalMart. My local Wal Marts standard filter is the Fram in most applications....

You can get any synthetic oil they carry for $30

The other stuff on thier shelves is not Synthetic!This board has long established this aspect of misleading advertising regarding OTC syn oils.

Bottom line if on one hand you have Quaker State Syn, Castrol Syn
and then Mobil 1 on the other:

Mobil 1 would imo be the logical best buy for the money.

This board has long established this aspect of misleading advertising regarding OTC syn oils.

LOL You are preaching to the choir. Take it up with the mfg., WalMart and the government........

That is great! I called the Walmart by my house any they do the 15-point check for $30(5 qts Mobil 1 or any synthetic on the self) or just the oil/filter/lube for $27.88. I think this is going to get me back into synthetics. Thanks again!! I fogot to add, they use the Fram Pro-Series filter.

[ February 12, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: dagmando ]

Hm. Do you think they'd give me the extra 1.5 quarts in a doggie bag? (3.5 qt sump.)

LOL My neighbor get hisoil changed there and they give him the 1/2 quart left over.....

My youngest brother is a sales rep, drives the p** out of his cars. He's been using the $30 M1 oil change at Wally World for years. Runs that M1 *Way* too long a lot of the time, too.

Hey Yall,

Perhaps I am not being logical on this.

Would it be wise of us all to keep our mouth shut on this Mobil 1 bargain change?

My knowledge of economics is nill and I fear if we "tell" everyone Walmart may get greedy and JACK the prices of Mobil 1 changes to that of the 45$-50$ dealer ranges for synthetic service
frown.gif

If my thinking is wacky on this please reply.

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
Hey Yall,

Perhaps I am not being logical on this.

Would it be wise of us all to keep our mouth shut on this Mobil 1 bargain change?

My knowledge of economics is nill and I fear if we "tell" everyone Walmart may get greedy and JACK the prices of Mobil 1 changes to that of the 45$-50$ dealer ranges for synthetic service
frown.gif

If my thinking is wacky on this please reply.

Their basic oil change package with Supertech dino oil and Fram filter is $11.94 (no vacuuming or other fancies). Also a screaming bargain compared to dealership oil changes. They wouldn't do it if they didn't make money, although in this case they may be making their profit by getting you to browse the store for at least half an hour. Most of the people I would "tell" about the Mobil 1 bargain wouldn't give a flip.

quote:

Given the sheer size of the Wal-Mart company, I think that if every one of us did our very best to publicise this, they still wouldn't notice the increase in sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back