Mobil 1 now has "Fiat Chrysler Automotive MS-6395" specification

It doesn't look like they have approval yet, the product data sheet for the Mobil 1 products list MS-6395 in the "recommended for use" section, not the "meets or exceeds" section.

In my opinion "recommended for use" does not mean it is approved.

View attachment 48224
I think this is splitting hairs at this point. I've never heard of an FCA dealership denying a warranty claim over use of Mobil 1 or any other oil that meets API specs for the particular engine. Heck, my local Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealer will happily sell you an oil change with Mobil 1 on a car they just sold to you. They've always known I run it in my Jeeps. They know it has been in my 3.8 since new and they've said they'd replace the engine under the lifetime warranty if consumption hits 1 quart per 1k. It hasn't, but if it does, they'll do it with full knowledge that 90% of the oil that's been in that crank case has been Mobil 1.

Some just want your business … my buddy buys a loaded F250 PSD every 2 years and brings Delvac 1 to his long term dealership for oil changes …

MS-6395 has the lowest price oils on the shelf at Walmart. Valvoline white bottle comes to mind. Not even a semi-synthetic requirement iirc. So....I'm sure the M1 will be fine, approval or not. Just looked, no formal approval but meets the requirement. I am using the M1 ESP 5W30 504/507 in my Pentastar. Probably overkill.

I doubt the SAPS levels is that oil will do any harm to the cats, unless it’s an oil “burner”. The approvals though may be beneficial for the SRT compared to the 40 ESP.
Yes we've been running high saps oil with cats for decades without it killing them. That's why I wonder about these new requirements for a low saps oil in gasoline vehicles.

Back