Mobil 1 new truck and suv oil same as old one??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oky 01 ford ranger 4.0 4x4 edge just turned 302,000 miles the other day and has lived on a strict diet of mobil 1 its whole life mostly the extended performance 5w30 or the 0w30 advanced fuel economy in the winter. I usually go 7500 miles on oci
Anything more than that my jead will explode lol ...truck still doesnt use but maybe a half a quart during 7500miles is the new truck and suv worth a switch over or should stick with what works??? And always motorcraft or mobil1 fter
Tia
Steve

Congrats on such a long-lived vehicle! I once had a 1992 Olds Bravada that totaled 275K miles in ALASKA. It was NEVER garaged. The engine was still strong when I sold it. Great vehicle also.

Without a doubt, I'd switch to that Mobil 1 HM 10W-30 oil you mentioned used in that 00 Mazda.
smile.gif

Sounds like you change oil twice a year - a stout summer oil would be Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w30
(what your signature shows in the Mazda)

Originally Posted by 4WD
Sounds like you change oil twice a year - a stout summer oil would be Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w30
(what your signature shows in the Mazda)

10w30 HM Mobil 1 was also my choice with so many miles.

+1 on the M1 HM 10w30.

M1 SUV oil is a different formulation containing 10% more AW additives. I personally can't stand it when companies fragment their brand into a billion different oils but that is the route Mobil 1 has taken. I'm sure it's a good oil but you could get great results from their other oils as well.

They have come and gone for years - Google

Quaker+state+4X4

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
They have come and gone for years - Google

Quaker+state+4X4

In noticing all the SUV vehicles these days, Quaker State needs a new label for it's revivial.
Quaker State AWD...... lol

Whatever happened to posi-traction / snow tire vehicles?.......lol

Originally Posted by buster
+1 on the M1 HM 10w30.

M1 SUV oil is a different formulation containing 10% more AW additives. I personally can't stand it when companies fragment their brand into a billion different oils but that is the route Mobil 1 has taken. I'm sure it's a good oil but you could get great results from their other oils as well.

true but if u look at m1 website they say 10% doesn't make that specific oil better,its like most say its overall package in the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back