Mobil 1 M1-113A different versions

I saw some other posts about the same model of Mobil 1 oil filter having different manufacturers and different designs. I got one from Amazon that seems like it's been sitting a box for quite some time and also has a strong odor, but that may just be my perception as the same model at O'Reilly looks pristine in comparison.

Here are a few pics of the differences. Question is, are both legit Mobil 1 filters and is one better than the other? I just want to put the best filter I can in my LS3. Recommendations are welcome. Thank you!
amazon-v-oreilly-1.jpg
amazon-v-oreilly-2.jpg

The one on the right has a Mann+Hummel/Purolator date code of Jul 9, 2020 so it's real new.

Thanks. Any consensus on which one is "better" ?

The date code on the left one looks like it could be Jan 27, 2020. They are probably both fine to use. If I had to choose one I'd go with the right one. I don't like how the ADBV blocks half of the base inlet holes on the left filter.

Welcome to BITOG!

Mobil recently changed suppliers. Their old supplier was Champion Labs "Champ"
Their new supplier is Purolator, which is owned by Mann-Hummel (which also owns Wix)

The Champ from Amazon was made 1/27/20 January 27
The Purolator from O'R was made 6/09/20 June 9

Although there are many counterfeits on Amazon, it isn't so solely due to looking different than the Purolator.

Champ uses that yellow dotted typeface for all their filters. First two digits is the month, the next two digits are the day, then the year.
Purolator uses a letter code for the year. M is 2020

The one on the right has a Mann+Hummel/Purolator date code of Jul 9, 2020 so it's real new.

June, not July :p

Back