Mobil-1 M1-102 Filter - 7640 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter was 6 months old, so I wanted to replace it (and the oil) before winter.

Definitely like the number of pleats, and the generous amount of glue used to adhere the media to the end caps.

I am sure I could get much more miles out of this.

Sorry for the poor lighting. Everything about it was in fine shape.

20141005_104918.jpg

20141005_104912.jpg

Probably one of my most favorite filters. Way over priced IMO, but very stout nonetheless. I used to run just these until my Jeep started hating them on startup.

I get these for nearly free at AAP with a promo code. They make good space fillers when trying to reach a certain promo amount.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Probably one of my most favorite filters. Way over priced IMO, but very stout nonetheless. I used to run just these until my Jeep started hating them on startup.

I get these for nearly free at AAP with a promo code. They make good space fillers when trying to reach a certain promo amount.
laugh.gif

Exactly how I got mine. My wife and I both use them, so I can get 4 (2 each) and qualify. Then with in-store pickup, it works out to about $8/filter.

I think Mobil 1 oil filters are good.... however I feel they are over priced.

I feel you can get a filter just as good if not better for less $.

FRAM ULTRA.

You just cant compete with FRAM ULTRA as far as easy to find
Price
and quality
and Performance.

However if you have the $ and like the Mobil 1 then by all means go for it.

Im not saying anything bad about it.

Personally I like the ADBV and I like the Bypass at the top of the oil filter.

Good filter.. but a pricy IMO.

I would only use 1 if it was part of some oil change special..

+1 ...
Originally Posted By: David1
I think Mobil 1 oil filters are good.... however I feel they are over priced.

I feel you can get a filter just as good if not better for less $.

FRAM ULTRA.

You just cant compete with FRAM ULTRA as far as easy to find
Price
and quality
and Performance.

However if you have the $ and like the Mobil 1 then by all means go for it.

Im not saying anything bad about it.

Personally I like the ADBV and I like the Bypass at the top of the oil filter.

Good filter.. but a pricy IMO.

I would only use 1 if it was part of some oil change special..

It's a shame to have to endure the obligatory FRAM Ultra commercial in this and every other oil filter thread.

But my favorite so far was when an Ultra was recommended in a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower filter thread.

Golden.......

The Mobil 1 is a great filter but I only use them when I pick them up in an oil change deal.

Lately, those haven't been attractive enough and Advance has begun asking for an additional $4 to upgrade to the M1 filter.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
It's a shame to have to endure the obligatory FRAM Ultra commercial in this and every other oil filter thread.

But my favorite so far was when an Ultra was recommended in a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower filter thread.

Golden.......

The Mobil 1 is a great filter but I only use them when I pick them up in an oil change deal.

Lately, those haven't been attractive enough and Advance has begun asking for an additional $4 to upgrade to the M1 filter.

LOL. Lot of Fram-flavored Kool-Aid being chugged down around here. Next, they'll want us to indoctrinate our children.

So you Fram & Ultra haters, please tell everyone here why they shouldn't use it. Why do you think it's so bad to recommend the Ultra?

People are voicing what they like and what they think is a good filter ... they are not conducting a "commercial". When people say they like filter X or Y, I don't see the haters coming out of the woodwork and crying that they are trying to force everyone here to use those filters. People can make up their own minds, nobody has a cocked 357 magnum at their head - LOL.

Since when is it against the whole purpose of a chat board to not say what you think is a good product or not? Some people need to get over the hate. If you don't like seeing the Ultra brought up in oil filter discussions, then best to just stop reading the Oil Filter forum.
grin.gif

Golden.......

The guy in the Briggs thread asked for the best filter.

Can you point out a better filter than 99%+ efficient at 20 microns and rated for 15,000 mile intervals in PCMO applications?

An Ultra on a Briggs can certainly hold more contamination than the oem filter.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

An Ultra on a Briggs can certainly hold more contamination than the oem filter.

A full synthetic filter could also be left on for 2~3 years of that Briggs didn't get a whole lot of use each year, whereas the OEM might be questionable.

I'm sure if someone suggested using a Mobil 1 of a Purolator Synthetic nothing would have been said about it. Hate makes people wear one-way glasses.
grin.gif

I get these specific filters when they are part of a decent oil change deal at one of the big parts houses. Some would be appalled that they are getting installed on a BMW motorcycle, haha! Thanks for sharing, they look well made.

Golden.......

If the Fram Ultra's name was covered up with a piece of duct tape that said Purolator in black sharpie, would you be less offended?

^^^ If it had tears in the media, a few people would probably like it even more. LOL
grin.gif

It's a shame to have to endure the obligatory FRAM Ultra commercial in this ...

For you...

I just put on a Fram Ultra on my Honda Odyssey ...

And I can't tell the difference.... I thought for sure the engine would be smoother and quieter, and more powerful...!

I might return it...!?!?! All the hype, and that's what I get...!

Seriously, I put an Ultra on because it was on sale at the same store I get oil at, AND I want to run OCI a bit longer, as in about 10 000 miles or so. Normally just use OEM at shorter intervals.

Cdn prices...

Fram Ultra $ 9.99 on sale...
M1 $ 15.99
Napa Platinum $ 15.99
Honda OEM $ 9.99
Napa Gold $ 8.99

So why not, and saved an extra trip...!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
So you Fram & Ultra haters, please tell everyone here why they shouldn't use it. Why do you think it's so bad to recommend the Ultra?

People are voicing what they like and what they think is a good filter ... they are not conducting a "commercial". When people say they like filter X or Y, I don't see the haters coming out of the woodwork and crying that they are trying to force everyone here to use those filters. People can make up their own minds, nobody has a cocked 357 magnum at their head - LOL.

Since when is it against the whole purpose of a chat board to not say what you think is a good product or not? Some people need to get over the hate. If you don't like seeing the Ultra brought up in oil filter discussions, then best to just stop reading the Oil Filter forum.
grin.gif

I never said I hate Fram. I've used them and I'll use them in the future (at least the Ultra).

But don't you think the fanboy-ism has gotten a little out of hand?

^^^ It was a general comment - I never said you hate Fram, but it's obvious who those guys are that constantly chime in trying to curb discussions about the Ultra. There is Ultra "fanboy-ism" for a reason - because people realize it's a great filter. What's so bad about that? The "haters" won't get anywhere trying to curb the talk ... they will just create a bad reputation for themselves.

It is the fanboy antics that are sickening.

I've told you I use FRAM Ultras also.

But you and the FRAMites want the world to use FRAM to the exclusion of all other oil filters.

Other oil filters are capable.

That's been my point all along.

There's better filters than an Ultra, for example, the Fleetguard Venturi that I'm putting on the 5.9 Ram at the next change. Of course, they are about $30 each! For a short OCI, there's nothing wrong with an Extra Guard, or even a Purolator, but I'm not recommending anything past 5K with those, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back