Mobil-1 M1-102 Filter - 7640 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
It is the fanboy antics that are sickening.

I've told you I use FRAM Ultras also.

But you and the FRAMites want the world to use FRAM to the exclusion of all other oil filters.

Other oil filters are capable.

That's been my point all along.

All your "crying" about people taking about and recommending the Ultra (or Frams, or any other filter that you don't "approve") won't change any of the momentum ... that's reality. If that same filter said Purolator on the side, you'd probably be one to recommend using it, even if it had a high risk of tearing the media during use - LoL.

Sure other filters will also be "capable", but let people make up their own minds based on their needs, and the technical information, performance, cost, availability and other member's opinions of all filters discussed here. That's been my point all along. I really don't get how you think I'm trying to force everyone here to use the Ultra ... please get a new perspective on reality, seriously.

It's like you have some personal vendetta against Fram, and have negative comments for anyone who likes or recommends them, it's easy to see.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: WANG
I get these specific filters when they are part of a decent oil change deal at one of the big parts houses. Some would be appalled that they are getting installed on a BMW motorcycle, haha! Thanks for sharing, they look well made.

Me too ... I have only purchased Mobil 1 oil filters as part of an oil change special. They are good oil filters, but in my opinion they are a bit too pricey at regular price, especially when I can get a FRAM Ultra for less.

I wouldn't consider myself a FRAM fanboy because I have a lot of different brands in my oil filter stash (Purolator, Baldwin, Mobil 1, NAPA/Wix, Mann ...), but out of all the filters, I recognize that the FRAM Ultra is the best filter I have due to the dual layer, wire-backed synthetic media and the filtering efficiency.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
But don't you think the fanboy-ism has gotten a little out of hand?

Personally, I think both sides have gotten out of hand. Pro-Fram now is almost as bad as Anti-Fram was here just a few years ago.

OP, thanx for sharing. Well build filters for sure.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
This filter will go 15,000 miles. If it had been me, I would have changed the filter only when the service life was over.

I am definitely moving in that direction. I wanted to verify its condition after 7.5k to make sure it is intact. I will do 10k next time, check it, and then 15k on the 3rd one.

My truck takes 6 quarts of oil, so leaving a bit of old oil in the filter during an oil change does not concern me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back