Mobil 1 in a Vibe GT(Same as Matrix XRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using M1 in this engine starting at about 6000 miles.(1 free change from dealer). This engine with slightly more than a year on it has about 37,500 miles on it. We recently got back from a trip to Oregon and back which put 6400 miles on the M1-10w30. Should I change it at 7500 miles or can I take it to 10,000 with no problem? I usually change it at 5000 miles with a new Toyota filter. Thanks guys. Jimmy

I have a few Pontiac Montanas and their oil life meter seems to indicate a 10k mile OCI if you do all hiway driving. I thing 10k should be no problem, atleast this time after such a long trip.

I own a taxi service an currently have 3 Pontiac Vibes in the fleet, awesome cars!! One of them has been converted to Amsoil 0w30 and dual remote filtration. I'm anxiously waiting for it to accumulate mileage so I can run oil analysis and see how it does.

quote:

Originally posted by joghotrod:
I have been using M1 in this engine starting at about 6000 miles.(1 free change from dealer). This engine with slightly more than a year on it has about 37,500 miles on it. We recently got back from a trip to Oregon and back which put 6400 miles on the M1-10w30. Should I change it at 7500 miles or can I take it to 10,000 with no problem? I usually change it at 5000 miles with a new Toyota filter. Thanks guys. Jimmy

With all that highway driving on there I would imagine that taking it to 10,000 miles would be a walk in the park, as that oil with 6400 highway miles on it was probably still in "like new" condition.

Certainly right, but wouldn't it be best to do a UOA to make sure? When first starting reading all the great info here, I thought I didn't need a UOA, since so many have already done the same car or the same oil. However, now I understand mechincal issues could mitigate a long OCI. Seems intake leaks and fuel dilution are the most common.

You might want to check it at 7500 mi. The 2zz is kinda hard on oil and the stock filter may be pushing it after that also.

Thanks for the info everybody. I might change the filter, top it off and go on my trip to Daytona for the week and change it when I get back. How much does it cost to do an UOA? I have a 01 Camaro SS and I have almost as much fun driving the Vibe. Jimmy

Does anyone other than KiA have UOA's on 2zz-ge's? I want to do one on mine, but I have yet to put enough miles on my Celica for it to be worth doing a UOA on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back