mobil 1 full synthetic high mileage gasoline in diesel?

Mobil claims up to 70% of wear "may" occur at startup. FWIW

View attachment 185405
The studies I've seen all reference warm-up wear (that gets called startup wear) where parts aren't up to temperature yet, so the sizes are off, and the AW additives, which require heat to activate, aren't yet active. In places that don't experience hydrodynamic lubrication (boundary or mixed), this temporarily increases wear.

I guess you go to different junk yards then I do, but no oil on the bearings in 20* year old cars here in Arizona. Perhaps up North maybe?

Wear "even with sufficient MOFT," then the MOFT isn't sufficient. I have two Blazers with 250,000 miles on them with friend that put 600,000 miles, still running, no oil leaks, compression okay, no apparent wear. Good MOFT I guess, but where is the wear?

So you're saying Mobil is wrong?
FWIW, my experience mirrors @kschachn's, there's always been oil when I've pulled a bearing cap, or a camshaft, or the lifters out. Even on engines that are complete basket cases that have been sitting for years. I've gone into marine engines from the 40's that have been sitting for decades and there's still oil in the bearings, though the valvetrain stuff is often pretty dry at that point.

Back