Mobil 1 FS 0w40, RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI 6000 mi, high FE

They are? I have an '11 5.7 1500 and had the valve covers off and it looks like brand new fresh cast aluminum. I scoped the oil pan and the internals are spotless. 170k on mine, owned since new. I've always used some sort of "syn" oil every 4-5k since new.
Yes, they produce a tremendous amount of particulate, as do the GM LSx engines (the DI ones). This is why AMSOIL had to stop recommending extended drains for them with their Ea15K filters, they were plugging them up (both engine families).

Have you bothered cutting open your oil filters? I have posted several from both my 5.7L and 6.4L.

Yes, they produce a tremendous amount of particulate, as do the GM LSx engines (the DI ones). This is why AMSOIL had to stop recommending extended drains for them with their Ea15K filters, they were plugging them up (both engine families).

Have you bothered cutting open your oil filters? I have posted several from both my 5.7L and 6.4L.
I had no idea. I cut them from time to time. I've never see anything crazy. I will def cut this next one when I'm done with my current fill of fs0w40.

I had no idea. I cut them from time to time. I've never see anything crazy. I will def cut this next one when I'm done with my current fill of fs0w40.
Yeah, just a design "feature" of the engine and its combustion characteristics. The chamber design isn't super conducive to clean, complete burns like a wedge or pent-roof are at low speeds, which is why they have dual-ignition, to try and aide in cleaning that up with phased ignition events. The big bores on the 6.4L likely exacerbate the issue.

Back