Mobil 1 FS 0W40 Civic 1.8 FK2 R18a2 19664km

I only use this mobil 1 in this car, no other engine oil. I use ist, because the results are very Good and the engine have a smooth Sound .

The UOA results are because of the engine condition and operating conditions, much less the oil. You can’t compare or rank oil via a spectrographic analysis.

The price of this mobil1 is Perfect and i can use it Ober long distances, not only 10000kilometres. So i use this, other oils can be expansive and the results would not ne better. My Honda dealer use total Engine oil, i buy mobil 1 from a oil dealer since 16 years.
Why should i use an other Engine oil ?

The price of this mobil1 is Perfect and i can use it Ober long distances, not only 10000kilometres. So i use this, other oils can be expansive and the results would not ne better. My Honda dealer use total Engine oil, i buy mobil 1 from a oil dealer since 16 years.
Why should i use an other Engine oil ?
Use what best suits your needs and your wallet. Even if you start using the best oil on the planet, someone will still chime in and tell you to use something else. Just the human nature, I guess. Mobil 1 is doing a great job for your engine with your operating conditions. I see no reason to change anything.

0w40 accomplishes nothing special here, you have a basic 1.8 Honda motor that is not stressed out at all. This makes 138 hp at the crank, what justifies using a thicker oil over 0w20/0w30?
How's 0W20 going to hold up after a full OCI of Autobahn driving? Don't think it would do too well. Less protection at higher cost. (German prices.)
Small naturally aspirated engines have to work harder to keep the car going at higher speeds, as compared to forced induction engines, or large displacement engines. Therefore Mobil 1 0W40 is the ideal candidate for OP's application.
Remember - a boring UOA is a good UOA.

I will use this Engine oil for rest of life Time of my car. Now i have 380000 Kilometers in it, the engine Sound is Perfect, the results,too. After 10000 kilometers i would take another analysis and i will do it in this Thread.

Hard to argue with the results, even if it's thicker oil than what we would use in the USA in the same engine. I think you should run it longer though if you are finishing the oil usage interval with base number over 10!

130kmh is not so fast compared to Texas, we have 120kmh/75mph limits commonly throughout the state, but people tend to exceed them by 5-10 mph anyway. Some toll roads have 85mph limit/137 kph.

I've found the highest speeds I've achieved on the Autobahn my past trips tended to be in the more eastern and southern portions of Germany. Was able to hit 237kmh one time in a rental Skoda with a V6 diesel/manual, that seemed to be terminal velocity.

I am sure that my vehicle would achieve similarly good results with a xxw30. I had even briefly considered using the engine oil 0w20 released by Honda even after this high mileage of the engine. I could almost bet that the result will be identically good. I may also test this, after 10000 and 20000 each an analysis. What would you say, would you also be interested?

I ran a similar 19,000km in my 07 civic with the same R18 engine on 5w20. No issues. That was 2x the OEM oil change interval.

The thread can be found here.

These engines are extremely easy on oil.

Your results look better even with very long use of over 15000 kilometres than with my 0W40. It's really hard to believe how good your results are. Can you list the engine oils used again exactly.

Didn't know little Civic can go faster than 90mph (145 kph) for an extended period of time and not blow up! lol j/k
At those speed with small engine, I would stay away from 0W-20. I personally stay away from 0W-20 with any engine but I know some people like it.
I'm currently running M1 FS 0W-40 in one of our cars that has a 5W-20 manufacturer spec. This poor car has never seen a xW-20 except the factory fill and I don't think ever gone over 85 mph.
at your speed 40 may not be a bad idea but curious if you have any M1 EP 10W-30 uoa since you do extended drain? That's another good oil if you are within 10W temp range in your area. The people on that forum who are worried about plastic can't argue much with a solid 10W-30. M1 EP 10W-30 is more expensive than M1 FS 0W-40 in US.

I can see from the analyses that a xxw40 makes no sense or analyses are sometimes worse than with the thinnest oils. Maybe I should try another one and have it analysed. Honda has been successfully building engines designed for such thin viscosity since the beginning of 2000.

Holy schnitzel. Impressive. I had a 2010 Honda Civic with same 1.8L R18 engine, and fastest it would do is ~200km/h. I guess I just didn't have enough of straight road to truly max it out. We need Autobahn in USA...
isn't there some highways in Hot Desert part of US where on some highways there are no speed limits? Texas, New Mexico or Arizona may be?

Didn't know little Civic can go faster than 90mph (145 kph) for an extended period of time and not blow up! lol j/k
At those speed with small engine, I would stay away from 0W-20. I personally stay away from 0W-20 with any engine but I know some people like it.
I'm currently running M1 FS 0W-40 in one of our cars that has a 5W-20 manufacturer spec. This poor car has never seen a xW-20 except the factory fill and I don't think ever gone over 85 mph.
at your speed 40 may not be a bad idea but curious if you have any M1 EP 10W-30 uoa since you do extended drain? That's another good oil if you are within 10W temp range in your area. The people on that forum who are worried about plastic can't argue much with a solid 10W-30. M1 EP 10W-30 is more expensive than M1 FS 0W-40 in US.
I get it 10W30 is a more stout 30wt oil as compared to 0W/5W-30? what is so special about M1 EP 10W30 (in comparison to other long drain interval oils), I suppose this oil too can be had at killer price during sales+rebates whenever and where they occur? am I not right?

Here my new analysis from my dayli car. If you would compare the other results of this paper, you can See that i can use this Engine oil longer than 10000 kilometers.
If you calculate the wear down to 1000 kilometres, the 20000 analysis is better 😉

In some German forums, silly talkers are who think that a 0w40 is a "polymer bomb" and is not as stable as a thicker base oil. I think I can refute these blanket statements more and more. For me, Mobil 1 is still the best!
I am baffled how there has been no drop in TBN after 10k km/6K miles of usage (i do see you topped up 0.8L), given your high quality gas, mostly hwy miles, mostly high speed driving, M1 0W40 seems to fit the bill perfectly and no need to worry given its not a Asian turbo engine... This oil will keep serving you till the end of the car's life.

If you feel like trying something new, I say give GC a shot and see how that goes, you may even see slight fuel mileage improvement may be...

isn't there some highways in Hot Desert part of US where on some highways there are no speed limits? Texas, New Mexico or Arizona may be?
No roads without speed limit here. Highest legal speed limit is 85MPH (~136KM/H), realistically traffic moves at 90MPH-100MPH (~145-160KM/H)there though. Faster than that will get law enforcement's attention.
But I live in NC, where highest speed limit is 75MPH (~120km/h) and traffic stays at 80-85MPH (~130-140km/h) for the most part.

A little motivated by the user "Artem", I would like to try to drive a 10000 kilometre interval with the Honda Engine Type 2.0 0W20 despite the high mileage. What do you think? Can my results still be surpassed? Since the engine is in good condition, that should work, shouldn't it?

I'll bite. What are you trying to achieve?

Somewhat unrelated, my Mazda came in North America with a 5W20 oil cap. In Europe, the user manual recommends 5/10W40. Same engine, same car, etc.

Did I try 0w20 in my Mazda? Yes I did.
Was it noisy and did it sound horrible and busy when driven differently than the relaxed American driving style it was apparently designed for? Yes it did.
Did other owners of the same engine/cars went a ton of Km without problem on a 20 grade oil? Yes, many did.

Did I try a 3.5 mPas HTHS oil in the same Mazda? You bet I did (M1 0W40, Castrol 0W30 A3/B4, etc).
Was the gas consumption any worse? I didn't notice, but with what I do with the car it's hard to tell, and I don't track it with precision.
Was the engine sounding less "busy" and clattery at times? Yes it was.
Do I intend to go back to a 20 grade oil in that old worn out engine? Nope.

Was all this a fair and scientific comparison? Nope.
So..anecdotal, with only a sample of one. Again it boils down to what you are looking for, trying to achieve. Sometimes it's just an itch you want to scratch. YMMV.

Back