Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yvon_la
this is a group 4 oil.not many around now a days (group 4)

I was set to contradict you, but the MSDS for this product says it is 60-70% "1-Decene Homopolymer Hydrogentated...", which I gather is PAO. Interestingly, the same product in 5w/20 says nothing meaningful about composition. So it looks like M1EP 0w/20 really is different and perhaps better than other M1 products.

I was close to using it in my 530i which lives in northern Wisconsin during the school year. It too is used for short trips with an occasional 4-hour drive back to southeastern Wisconsin. However, when I posted that idea to the BITOG crowd I was labeled as a heretic - or worse
wink.gif

Next year, for sure.

Originally Posted By: FetchFar
I do that, use a 0w-20 for an 07 530 bmw during the winter, used for short 4 mile trips twice a day, so the stuff never gets thin enough. Yes, I'm ashamed to put that in a bmw.

FWIW, I put 1.5qts of 0w20 EP with 3qts of 0w30 in my 3.4 v6 Grand Am. I do 9 mile trips to and from work and I doubt my oil ever gets to temperature either.

The 11k run is for my '05 Ody though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: kschachn

Based on what I've seen of the PDS I would stick with the regular AFE 0W-20 even if it was the same price as EP.

Totally agree!!!!

Originally Posted By: tig1
BigJohn said:
I was just in Walmart, to purchase some 0w20 and noticed that they had the M1 extended performance in 0w20 on sale for the same price as the AFE. I bought the EP and poured it in my Outback.

Upon coming back home and getting on the internet to research, I have to say that I am disappointed. I thought the specs of this oil would have been better. Of course it will be fine and run splendid in my 2.5L, but thought it would be better.

Better in what way?

Much, much higher viscosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back