Mobil 1 Extend Performance High Mileage or Annual Protection 0w20?

Hello to everyone,

I'm looking for the best suitable 0w20 for my Honda Accord 2009 120k miles.
The High Mileage does not meet the Dexos1 Gen2 so I'm a bit concerned.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.37.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.39.23 PM.png

No, it's not. But I guess Dexos Gen 2 help you to find the oils with best anti-wear protection.

M1 oils no matter the flavor are great oils. The 0W-30 AFE is a sleeper oil in the M1 oil line up.

Originally Posted by CT8
I didn't know Dexos was a Honda requirement.

Could you try being nice... Just for say old times sake CT8
lol.gif

Just messing with you... Hope you and your family are doing well... Always good to see you on here.

I agree with your assessment that the M-1 0w30 is a sleeper... And your other statement about any of the Mobil lineup is extremely good to.

Originally Posted by dgvu89
No, it's not. But I guess Dexos Gen 2 help you to find the oils with best anti-wear protection.

When synthetic high mileage oils don't meet Dexos specs it generally has nothing to do with anti-wear protection. It's more likely due to not meeting Dexos catalyst, LSPI and fuel economy specs. Generally speaking they have MORE anti-wear additives which throw them out of spec.

Go with the Mobil 1 Extended Performance (M1 EP) 0W-20. It's exceptional in that it's one of the very few fully PAO-and-AN-based oils out there, and it has GM dexos1 Gen 2, which you're asking for. It's very cheap at Walmart.

Don't go with the Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage (M1 EP HM) 0W-20. It only has 5 - 10% PAO.

http://msds.walmartstores.com/

Mobil 1 Annual Protection (M1 AP) 0W-20 is great, too, and also fully PAO-and-AN-based. It has even more antioxidant than the M1 EP 0W-20 for up to 20,000-mile OCIs. However, it's a lot more expensive, and you'll be fine with the M1 EP 0W-20 for up to 15,000-mile OCIs.

No, Redline provides the best anti-wear protection and it is NOT Dexos Gen 2. DG2 is a merketing exercise.

Originally Posted by Olas

No, Redline provides the best anti-wear protection and it is NOT Dexos Gen 2. DG2 is a merketing exercise.

Then why does it often show higher wear metals in many UOAs?

I think HM with Seal conditioner & cleaning agent will be helpful, and the viscosity is also a little higher than EP...

I am also pretty sure your 2009 Accord, if it is a 4 banger, it is gonna burn oil. And even more with Mobil 1. But this is just my experience with my Hondas.

Originally Posted by painfx
I am also pretty sure your 2009 Accord, if it is a 4 banger, it is gonna burn oil. And even more with Mobil 1. But this is just my experience with my Hondas.

My family has 3 Accordsm 1 Camry, none of them burning oil yet.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Deleted because I can't read!

Sorry to hear that but I used all the default fonts.
You can zoom in by press Ctrl + "+" in your browser.
wink.gif

Back