Mobil 1 ESP now available in 5qt jugs in the US

I've seen some Canadian's in the past post about 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 ESP, but I have never seen them in the US, I was at AAP the other night getting rid of some waste oil and noticed on the shelf they had 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30, it must've just been added they don't even have a picture online. Also right now they don't seem to have it correctly categorized as oil so you can get it with the ChrisFix25 promotion, so it's only $29.24/jug

Yes it's 38.99, but usually oil is excluded from the 25% off promo codes that they're always running, it's $29.24 if you use the promo code ChrisFix25

I did not read the ChrisFix25, what is weird is the only store that has it near me is in Virginia, none of the Maryland stores near me have it. How many 5 quart jugs did you order?

I didn't order any, I was just noting it's now available, but there were like 3 jugs out on the shelf at the store I was at

Always been kind of weird you guys have never had these until now. I have purchased at least six or eight over the last few years.

I always thought it was super weird that they weren't available here but they were only sold in Canada in 5qt jugs as apposed to 5L jugs

They are bottled in Texas so yes the availability was weird. Shell and Castrol/BP do a lot of bottling in Canada so they are usually litres and not quarts.

Last edited:
@blufeb95

Thanks man! I’ve been wanting to try ESP for a long time, and I’ve been waiting for a good deal to pop up.

An AAP 5 min away from me has it, and I placed an order for 5 jugs for a total of $159.73 after tax - a savings of $48 off list. Not a stellar deal, but a decent deal for what is one of the best oils on the market currently at $6.39/qt with tax.

Dont really need an oil this stout for either the Taco or the 4Runner, but they’ll love it all the same, and it’ll work great for the 10,000-mile OCIs I like to do.

Is this the one that comes in the 1L bottles of a different shape than other US-market M1? :unsure:

There is some version of ESP that is shipped straight from France in the European style M1 bottle (which Mobil uses in the US for their non-M1 oils)

Is this the one that comes in the 1L bottles of a different shape than other US-market M1? :unsure:

There is some version of ESP that is shipped straight from France in the European style M1 bottle (which Mobil uses in the US for their non-M1 oils)

That was true a few years ago, but they started producing it in Texas more recently. The old French bottles said 'Formula ESP' and now the new ones just say 'ESP'

What makes this oil special?
It's approved by/meets requirements of several European auto manufactures which some will argue make it a more demanding formulation. I'm sure others can elaborate.

Thanks blufe95!... I did score one jug to add to my bench stock. 30 bucks is a good price for ESP.

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

I'm glad to see that people are buying this in jugs which will hopefully keep it around as a regular item and perhaps encourage other similar products, like M1 0w20 ESP in 5 quart jugs, to become available. I did email AAP about this but I haven't heard back I as of yet.

Back