Mobil 1 EP prices up at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ExxonMobil made less money on crude, they have to make more on something else. After all, the CEO has to get a raise. $40,300,000 is not enough these days.

In the meantime I'll keep buying Walmart synthetic.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: datech
Are the other varieties $28.68 too?

All the M1 EP varieties were that price.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Minor change, but M1 0W-20 EP is $28.68 at my local store.

Oil prices go down, motor oil prices go up??

Do you really think the price of crude has much to do with the price of synthetic oils at WM?

Guys, I am not sure that this is a nice idea to look into somebody's pocket. If you don't like EP (as I don't) just don't buy it. Believe me, CEO does *much* more than just sits on his bottom and have a huge paycheck daily...

I noticed that the other day, too. The price of AFE went up as well. It seemed to be an across the board increase on M1. I wasn't in a buying mode that day and didn't look at any of the other brands. It may have nothing at all to do with Mobil.

I was in WalMart the other day and all the Mobil 1 oils are now over $28/5qt jug. They were $22 just a month or two ago. I can wait till they do their "roll back" pricing. For now I have enough oil for a few years of oil changes
grin.gif

Whimsey

^Good point. I think that is part of the strategy. They'll probably "roll back" to some level above the $22 and change. Then, it will appear to be a good deal. It's still a good deal, even at $28 and change.

Unfortunately maybe Wal-Mart woke up and decided to charge more since they've got everyone pretty much beat on any 5 qt. jug of oil. They also buy more at once so they usually have it. As much as I don't agree with Wal-Mart and how they treat/pay their employees, I'll save money where I can.

Originally Posted By: Droopy
As much as I don't agree with Wal-Mart and how they treat/pay their employees, I'll save money where I can.

That is a highly charged statement as far as I'm concerned. If we care enough about stopping WM from doing things we don't like we would have to go elsewhere, be prepared to pay more, and make sure we did what we could to communicate this to WM management.

They are counting on the fact the Americans (people, in general) vote with their wallets.

I'm not being critical of you. It's just something I've realized for a good while. Very few put their money where their mouths are.

All 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 have gone up at Walmart. Still cheapest place to buy Mobil 1 EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back