Mobil 1 Delvac ESP vs Rotella T6

For my 2019 F-350 I'm trying to find something approved by Ford which is why I'm getting away from Amsoil; however, the shelves around me are empty of pretty much all the HDEO. Should I just buy the first one I can find or hold out for one rather than the other, are they both pretty good? This is what my Autozone, Orileys, Napa, and Walmart look like

Attachments

• 193D8BE3-F40B-4417-8213-2E62DD0058E9.jpeg
    193D8BE3-F40B-4417-8213-2E62DD0058E9.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 134
Contact you local lubricant suppliers. They should have something. NAPA is another good place to check. Then, there is your local Ford dealership. I have found that many Ford dealerships have a decent supply of oil and their prices are competitive. Walmart? Really? Folks, you need to expand your horizons.

Not sure how close he is to you, but there is a guy in “Items For Sale” in northern California with a bunch of synthetic HDEO for sale. Edit-didn’t realize Corona is in the south.

Contact you local lubricant suppliers. They should have something. NAPA is another good place to check. Then, there is your local Ford dealership. I have found that many Ford dealerships have a decent supply of oil and their prices are competitive. Walmart? Really? Folks, you need to expand your horizons.
Yes, that picture is from Walmart; however, Autozone, Orileys, and Pep Boys are the same within a 50 mile radius. I did call Napa about Rotella T-6 and he said he hasn’t had any in 2-1/2 months.

I picked this up from my tractor supply. Doesn’t seem like the 5w 40 ESP has the Ford stamp of approval but can’t find much else.

Attachments

• 0614AB4D-4C5D-4B5F-B3C1-281A51544AB8.jpeg
    0614AB4D-4C5D-4B5F-B3C1-281A51544AB8.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 150
Not sure that Mobil 5w40 ESP has 1,000 ppm P, which is a key requirement of the Ford spec. Not certain here, going off memory. If you cant find something on Fords spec list, Amsoil SS diesel 5w40 or 15w40 would be a better option imho, as they meet all they meet all the spec requirements from what I can tell.

Why not buy the oil at your local Ford dealer? I have used the Mercon V ATF and PS Fluid in the Volvo 240 PS systems for years.

My local Ford dealer always has it at a fair price.

No sense in making things more complicated than necessary.

Thanks for the Rotella drop. A local bought it up.

The Delvac Extreme will have the over 1k phosphorus. ESP I’m pretty positive sits at the 950-1000 limit. Really, the 15w-40 shouldn’t be a hold out as it flows pretty well and is full synthetic to boot.

Best of luck with the ESP

Last edited:
Walmart? Really? Folks, you need to expand your horizons.
Absolutely!!

Walmart/Costco are bottom of the barrel retailers that are last resort only. I utilize Amazon, Summit and Jegs. Local retailers such as Tops, NAPA, AAA approved repair facilities and car dealerships always have fluids and oil available. I loath dealing with the lowlifes, criminals and dregs that always hang out in Walmarts and Costco.

Absolutely!!

Walmart/Costco are bottom of the barrel retailers that are last resort only. I utilize Amazon, Summit and Jegs. Local retailers such as Tops, NAPA, AAA approved repair facilities and car dealerships always have fluids and oil available. I loath dealing with the lowlifes, criminals and dregs that always hang out in Walmarts and Costco.

Your truck will be more than happy and well protected using any ck4 oil in the grade specified. Pick anything approved and follow the oil life monitor. I have yet to see a properly rated oil changed at the recommended interval not test with some life left. Don’t overthink it.

Yes, that picture is from Walmart; however, Autozone, Orileys, and Pep Boys are the same within a 50 mile radius. I did call Napa about Rotella T-6 and he said he hasn’t had any in 2-1/2 months.
I just scored a 2.5 gallon jug of T6 at O’Reillys this afternoon. $77.00 wasn’t cheap but wasn’t outrageous either.

For my 2019 F-350 I'm trying to find something approved by Ford which is why I'm getting away from Amsoil; however, the shelves around me are empty of pretty much all the HDEO. Should I just buy the first one I can find or hold out for one rather than the other, are they both pretty good? This is what my Autozone, Orileys, Napa, and Walmart look like
I prefer the Delvac 5W-40 or the Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 but Rotella T6 is an excellent oil. I’d buy whichever you can find first at this point.

Back