Mobil 1 bottled SUV 5W40, and 15W40 HP gallon jugs sighted at WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 SUV 5W40 = 4.77$/qt

Mobil 15W40 Performance Formula = 19.22$/1 gallon

Other note, is this board proof positive that the formulation of Truck/SUV = Delvac 1?

The choice almost wants to make me switch from my Redline upgrade choice
frown.gif

hm... i wouldnt say either m1 suv or d1 are lesser quality oils... I dont dispute the fact that if you want a Moly oil, just run rl since it is packed with moly, but moly aside in my opinion both rl and d1 or suv have their own positive points, one of which is the price and availability, which is sometimes the deciding point for many... All in all i would say both oils are just as good, both will provide about the same level of protection (based on UOA's) and should keep your engine pretty clean... my .02
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
Mobil 1 SUV 5W40 = 4.77$/qt

Mobil 15W40 Performance Formula = 19.22$/1 gallon

Other note, is this board proof positive that the formulation of Truck/SUV = Delvac 1?

frown.gif

Well, I'll be ****ed! I've been looking for the SUV stuff for a couple of months now and I still don't even know what the bottle looks like!
mad.gif
nono.gif

I will not use Redline once I can easily get SUV 5W40 or Delvac-1 localy. The only reason I used Redline is that I might as well use the best oil I can find if I have to order it!I hate ordering my oil!!! I will run Redline 5W40 once more to retest it since the sample was lost! If Delvac-1 is not enough to protect my car then I just need to drive it easier or get a new car! Redline rocks but between price of oil, shipping and inconvence it is more hassle then I need!

I would only run Redline all the time if I found that it produced UOA numbers twice as good as anything else! As much as I like Redline I can not see it besting M1,D1,Amsoil or RP by that type of margin! Their gear oils and ATF's are a different story!!

What is "Mobil 15W40 Performance Formula"? I must be spending to much time at work if Mobil released this and I missed it.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
What is "Mobil 15W40 Performance Formula"? I must be spending to much time at work if Mobil released this and I missed it.
dunno.gif

I think he meant "Mobil 1® With SuperSyn™ 15w50 Performance Driving Formula."

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:

frown.gif

Sorry I just cannot resist to post my thoughts/ opinion
smile.gif

In a streeter - daily driver is not about 14 other oils currently available an upgrade in price vs performance at drain intervals of around 5000- 7500 ?

Let the flames fly
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back